Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-26-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
HID set up for the MI projector foglights

Well I recently purchased the MI fogs, these things look awesome. I wasnt going to use the supplied wiring, I was going to use the stock wires, plus I wasnt going to use the supplied bulb either. MI has HID kits at a good price, so I brought the H3 for the fogs, when I opened the back part of the fogs, it looked impossible to do, the wires to the HID or the bulb itself were to big and the cover would not close correctly. What I did was cut the outter ring to the HID bulb, wrapped it twice with eletrical tape and a zip strap, problem resolved, these look really nice. For those who never done this or had thoughts, that is what you need to do when installing HID for the MI Projectors. The quality of this kit is off da hook. Sorry no pics yet, by tomorrow I ll post some up. Holla at your boy in PR.
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote