Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-11-2010, 05:09 AM   #1
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Slalom with a twist

Earlier today, I was out with my gf at the Adams' Time Attack in Riverside, CA. LINK TO THATWe were there for the Yaris Attack! We made it JUST (as in Just Jesus?) in time to sign up, and run down for the driver's meeting. But that's another story.

We ended our day at Adams' and proceeded to go home.

Knowing the registration deadline for Sunday's autoX in El Toro is around the corner, we agreed that we'd register when we got back to her place. So we did. She was a bit excited, from the several laps she did in my wonderful little Yaris and was looking forward to more racing action. I don't blame her; I too, was wanting more!

All said and done, it was time for me to drive the 35 or so miles back to my place. Fun time. {sarcasm} It was late, I was tired, and there was no good music on at the time.

About 10 minutes into my drive, on the freeway, I spotted something interesting: A bunch of cones!!!! I was a little confused. I started to think, How nice. How odd too. Someone must have known I was coming this way. Right? I mean, why else, would they set up a slalom course in the freeway on my way home?!?! They probably knew I wanted to get some practice in before Sunday's event. That was pretty nice of whomever did that.

So I enter the slalom, and quickly realize I'm carrying too much speed So I get on my brakes and bring the speed down to just a tad bit over 40. Ahh, that's more like it. MUCH easier to control I'm going through the slalom at a steady state. I'm realizing, this thing is damn long!!!

After about an eighth of a mile of this steady state nonsense, I decided to pick up the pace, but things got squirley (that's not even a word) rather quickly. So I slowed back down.

THENNNNN, the freeway started to curve to the right! How weird: a Slalom with a twist - but, not so much twisty, just a slow, swooping curve.

I kept going and shortly after reaching the end of the bend, I spotted some flashy lights up ahead. Is that the "finish line?"

As I approached the last set of about 16 cones, I see that it's a police car. Apparently he pulled over a CalTrans truck! I was like, Dude, what's up with that? Why would you pull over a CalTrans truck? Really though! The dude had just set up this wonderful slalom for me!

I finished the slalom and went on my merry way. A few minutes later, I get a little distracted by the pretty lights in my rearview mirror. That reminds me, isn't it time to start saving for some Christmas gifts?

I noticed the car with the pretty lights was closing in on me rather quickly. I realize it was a copper and was like, Some fool must have done something crazy for him to be going that fast! But I didn't see anyone else on the freeway as I was driving, so it struck me as odd.

So the officer proceeds to flash his high beams several times. It got me thinking: Isn't that what the street racers do when they want to race someone?

Sure enough, the police cruiser pulled to my left, and slowed down to match my speed. Which, by the way, was about 68, cuz I like keeping it real (read: legal).

I turn to face him. He's all screaming (judging by his face) and pointing to who-knows-where. I couldn't make out what he was saying, as I was BLARING the stereo with some good 'ol Natalie Merchant (she rocks!, relatively speaking). But, the way he was gesturing, I thought he wanted to race. Seriously, officer? I'm in a freaking Yaris, for crying out loud. Why race me hehe....

Surely he's heard of the Yaris on crack!!! But alas - that wasn't MY car. Still, the officer probably didn't know better. Aside from that, I'd just installed my Nitrous Oxide system!!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO

So it was on!

Fine Print:The preceding was a work of fiction. Any names, characters, vehicle types, locations, etc were fabricated. Any likeness, in part or in whole, are purely coincidental - BESIDES, I was killing time while my videos uploaded to youtube!!

Thanks for reading! Now go do something productive.

Last edited by justjesus; 08-11-2010 at 05:23 AM.
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #2
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
LOL Jesus, you're a nut.
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:14 PM   #3
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
lol did you inhale too much gasoline fumes? :D

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:16 PM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
LOL Jesus, you're a nut.
Try living with him.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #5
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Garm, did you let Jesus into your life?

sorry, could not resist :D

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #6
STC
"LibertyRides!"

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3Dr LB | 2020 Stang
^

Most miles Tank: 538 tank/10.148 gal = 53.015 MPG / Most MPG: 54.95 MPG (ethanol) 425 tank/7.73 gal

"The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people." -- Frank Kent
STC is offline   Reply With Quote