Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
bambam28

Drives: Yaris Hatchback 2012 SE
YARIS 2012 SE EXHAUST

I have a yaris 2012 se and I was wondering if I can use the 2008 TRD exhaust muffler in my car. Is it the same, sure looks like it... any suggestions thank you!!
bambam28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
I have a 3rd gen 2012 L model with a 2nd gen aftermarket axle back exhaust, and it fits just fine.

Maybe some others here can give you a better confirmation than this.
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:29 PM   #3
bambam28

Thank for the reply Tooter... The thing is I dont want to loose my warranty...tomorrow I am going to the dealer because my exhaust for some reason the welding is loose and the may change it for another one and if I could change it for a TRD for some extra money then I would do it...my concern is the oval tip from my Yaris SE...is it the same width and height of the TRD exhaust??? The mounting points are the same??? The flange is the same??? Thank you for your replies!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 02:04 AM   #4
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
Then feel free to ask the dealer.
They would know for sure if the TRD would fit your car, and would likely be happy to sell you one for the price difference to upgrade your exhaust.
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:24 AM   #5
bambam28

LOL!!! I hope you are right!! Last time I went to the dealer to ask if they could order the exhaust and lowering springs for my first yaris that was 2008...they told me that does performance parts didnt come for my car. I hate prople telling me I am wrong when I am not, so I had to talk to the manager so he could look up the part...again I hope the dealer I am going are not like that. I prefer to put my trust in you guys!! But again thanks for the reply tooter!!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #6
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
They would know for sure if the TRD would fit your car,
It would be nice if the world worked that way.

Sometimes some adjustment with the hangers or even changing them is required with an exhaust/muffler change -- even a TRD that is (supposedly) designed by Toyota. Keep in mind that TRD doesn't make any parts -- all of them are aftermarket parts branded (and often designed) by outside companies.

It would be the dealer's responsibility (legally) to prove that the aftermarket part you put on your car caused a particular failure. In the case of an axle-back exhaust, it really can't possibly void any warranties, because it can't cause anything else to break.

** You can always ask your service manager if they are cool with an aftermarket exhaust.

I'm posting this mostly for others to read, since you explained why you would "upgrade" to a TRD already.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #7
bambam28

Thank you cali yaris, I could not put it better myself!! I went to the dealer and as I expected my muffler is broken in the inside...I have to wait 2 weeks for the new one to arrive...I am still looking for anyone that knows if the trd 2011 exhaust for the yaris works for me...they are a little picky with the warranties here in Puerto Rico Cali Yaris so I am sticking to TRD for now... All I want is great sound with my OEM look you all now that the exhaust in the SE looks great that oval tip makes the difference, I just want it to sound as good as it looks...all comments are welcome!!! Thank you all!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #8
bambam28

[QUOTE=cali yaris;660829]It would be nice if the world worked that way.

It sure would be I went to an independent toyota parts store that sell TRD parts, and I told them, I know that their is no exhaust for my yaris from TRD yet, could you look it up if the 2011 will fit my car? And he told me, we only look for the year make and model we dont see if it fits your car...when he told me that I wanted to hit him...but thats the world we live in. They dont make the effort, not even for a sale...