![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Absolutely Red Liftback Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 570
|
Another check engine light
I was at Golden Corral, and while I was there it rained pretty hard for 20 min. I finished eating, got on the car and when I pulled off the parking lot the car would not go over 20 mph and the check engine light started blinking. I was in the middle of the avenue and could not stop, so I put it in neutral and revved it a couple of times and it started accelerating, the same thing happened twice but then it started working normal. It was windy and the only thing coming to mind is that the alternator got wet, seems almost impossible since the water has to go thru the radiator. What do you guys think?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
i personally would get it checked. I don't remember other people who have their check engine light on have the issue of not being able to go over 20 mph. but i'm no expert so wait for brick to come say something
__________________
Don't Milk the Cat! -Said by me during a game of Cranium.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Lonesome Cowboy
Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Inner City, Dallas
Posts: 2,995
|
hey I'm -no- expert, the car's under warranty anyway
ok....something very well could have gotten something wet
__________________
SPONSORED BY
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 3-door liftback blazing blue Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: French Lick,IN
Posts: 185
|
Isn't the blinking light the real bad one and you shouldn't drive the car
__________________
07 yaris LB 5-speed blazing Blue 07 yaris LB Auto Bayou Blue rostra cruise control oem style foglights 96tacoma 4x4 xcab I4auto Weathertech vent visors Scan GaugeII |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Check engine light on | kcty | DIY / Maintenance / Service | 19 | 03-10-2012 08:54 PM |
| Check engine light | Geelmeel | DIY / Maintenance / Service | 7 | 11-28-2009 11:32 PM |
| Check engine light flashes during high reving | AlphaFox | DIY / Maintenance / Service | 40 | 08-21-2007 01:43 PM |
| Check Engine Light Question | falkor_99 | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 11 | 07-22-2007 05:15 PM |
| Check Engine "Injector failure Code" | YarisPR | DIY / Maintenance / Service | 14 | 03-04-2007 08:13 PM |