Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2019, 08:32 AM   #1
lukeiam
 
Drives: '09 Yaris
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: 01060
Posts: 4
Removing backseats ('09)?

Hey folks!

I bought an '09 Yaris as a summer travel vehicle, and also to replace an aging Tacoma. I don't ever envision my 6' sons or really anyone being in the backseat of this car. I get that I could fold down the seats evenly, but would seem much more spacious to remove the seats and lay down a plywood panel base. I could even remove my front wheel of my bike and mount the frame/fork to the board! Anyone remove the seats ever; any concerns I should have doing this? Thanks
lukeiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 09:02 AM   #2
suprf1y
 
suprf1y's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Echo
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Waterford Ontario
Posts: 131
I've done this to most of my hatchback cars in the last 30 or so years. The only concern might be road noise. Some are noisier than others when you take the seat out but the right carpet on top of the plywood can make a big difference.
suprf1y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:24 AM   #3
nortonfb
 
Drives: 2007
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: motown
Posts: 339
Hey suprf1y,
Kudo's on Sherman & Mr. Peabody.
LMOA.
nortonfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 01:35 PM   #4
justjesus
 
justjesus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Liftback
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orange County
Posts: 962
I'm 5'6. One time, I took some co-workers to lunch in the little '08 2 door hatch.

My friend drove. He is 6'2"

The other guy sat in back, 6'4"

That dude's wife, pregnant, and 6'2" sat shotgun.

Nobody complained about space. Granted, they were medium built, not heavy.

Some have removed the back seat, but kept the bottom base of the seat. Then they place the wood over that to create a more even surface. Something like that. It adds support and makes installation easier.

There are threads on here somewhere. Older ones, so some searching required
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:23 AM   #5
KermitAUS
 
Drives: Yaris 2009
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Australia
Posts: 97
Great idea.

Anyone have any pictures of fitting a MTB into that space with seats removed?

I am in the same position.
KermitAUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Removing paneling back hatchback permanently Pinchlite Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior) 29 10-30-2017 11:32 AM
permanently removing back seat. Pinchlite Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior) 4 11-03-2016 05:27 PM
Removing lower rear spring perches? lormagni Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 3 10-26-2015 04:40 PM
DIY - Removing the gas tank from under the car (to access the fuel filter, etc.) CTScott DIY / Maintenance / Service 1 08-21-2013 03:57 PM
Removing Rear Seat bronsin DIY / Maintenance / Service 4 04-11-2011 02:34 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:59 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.