Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2006, 05:35 PM   #1
barryware
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 129
Stereo Install

Howdy.. I have read a few posts and I thought there was a picture of the back of a stock Yaris stereo which I can't find.

I plan on installing a Pioneer DEH-P4800MP deck. I have ordered a dash install kit along with a wire harness. I need a little help from those of you who have already replaced your radio.

What else will I need? I ask so I am prepared to keep the trips to radio shack down to a minimum while installing and I really don't want to tear the car apart to look and put it back together again while I gather my components.

Do I need an adapter for the antenna on the car to the new radio? I don't believe that the wire harness comes with an adapter for the aux connection. The replacement radio has provisions for an aux input. Actually two, one is a 1/8" stereo plug and the other are RCA inputs. What would I need for this?

I am happy with the stock radio but I want to free up one of the bays for some other stuff. Is there a market for the stock radio?

Thanks for the help and advice.
barryware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 05:45 PM   #2
Violin
 
Violin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,592
Photos: http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...p?t=556&page=2


Quote:
Originally Posted by barryware
Is there a market for the stock radio?
Check eBay. There are hundreds of OEM radios with very few bids. You might be able to sell yours. I elected to just give mine away to a forum member for shipping costs rather than have to pay an eBay listing fee for nothing or next to it.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:25 PM   #3
johnnyfive
 
johnnyfive's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Milwaukee WI
Posts: 582
to keep your factory aux plug you will need to make a custom adaptor from the four wires you mentiond, to either of your inputs on your new deck.
johnnyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone know where to get center stereo console piece to install head unit? ebowers83 Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior) 7 07-15-2011 12:13 PM
Stereo Upgrades....what to do!? gravylegs In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 39 02-28-2010 12:58 PM
HOLEY COW 674.75 to install TRD lowering springs dbaxter Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 11 08-09-2006 12:40 PM
aftermarket stereo kit? xCookiE General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 4 02-16-2006 10:33 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:38 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.