Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-01-2009, 10:41 PM   #1
Jirvz

Drives: 4 Door Yaris Sedan
Help, thinking of VIP style yaris

So Im starting to get serious with the idea of doing a VIP style on my 07 Yaris Sedan.

Ive been looking around for the right kit and for some reason I am having a hard time finding this one

If you have any ideas where I can get that kit or you think I should try another kit, let me know.

Im also trying to get the visors for all the windows and the rear visor. Any suggestions for the springs?

I just need to gather up some ideas before drop bills on it. Thanks!
Jirvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:44 PM   #2
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Get these springs for a large drop

http://shop.microimageonline.com/pro...=4&productId=8

Won't be as low as that sedan in the picture you showed.

Here's a cheap sedan kit on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AIT-F...Q5fCarQ5fParts

And XXR rims will give you a deep lip VIP look...
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #3
Jirvz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
Get these springs for a large drop

http://shop.microimageonline.com/pro...=4&productId=8

Won't be as low as that sedan in the picture you showed.
Thanks! I wont be looking for a drop that low as I wouldn't want a hard time going over the BIG bumps.

I appreciate your reply.

Im just looking to put my car out for show.

Yeah I saw that kit, but Im not feeling the front bumper... looks too aggressive for me.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #4
nerd_vitZ

Drives: 08 silver streak mica LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirvz View Post
Thanks! I wont be looking for a drop that low as I wouldn't want a hard time going over the BIG bumps.

I appreciate your reply.

Im just looking to put my car out for show.

Yeah I saw that kit, but Im not feeling the front bumper... looks too aggressive for me.
hey, i just realized that your in guam too. but yeah, going dumped here is pretty hard to pull off cause the roads are horrible. keep in mind that shipping here for bumpers and big stuff gets really expensive really fast
Old 09-02-2009, 09:51 PM   #5
Jirvz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd_vitZ View Post
hey, i just realized that your in guam too. but yeah, going dumped here is pretty hard to pull off cause the roads are horrible. keep in mind that shipping here for bumpers and big stuff gets really expensive really fast
Wow nice to see a fellow Guammie. I do realize all those problems but I know I can get around it. Where are you on the island?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supmet View Post
Ditch the goofy hood ornament and the oversized lip kit, change to some rims that weight less than 20 pounds and that car wouldn't look retarded.

just my two cents

check out the sedan threads on the forum if you want to see VIP done right(not overdone)
Actually I love how that car looks now except for the JP Hood Ornament. Im only using that car a guide to what Im looking for. It wont be exact. Everyone has their own personal taste, I believe that car look great. Thanks

[QUOTE=Speedjunkiejp;378226]BTW To OP: I may have sourced the mugen style window visors. If all works well and your interested I will share. pm me.

[QUOTE]

I'll be sure to get you on that. Would love to have those on my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
^ I can, haven't had an order yet, though... bring it!
I'll give you a PM about some stuff I need. That air master kit is one of the options I have for a kit.

---

Alot of responses and I really appreciate it guys. Im still dreaming up what I want to do with my car..
Old 09-03-2009, 01:23 AM   #6
nerd_vitZ

Drives: 08 silver streak mica LB
i live across the street from the Guam Sports Complex in dededo/harmon. post some pics of your ride so i'll know if i spot you. theres another person on yarisworld that lives in guam. she drives a white sedan and had some stuff on it. you might have seen either one of us around.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:21 AM   #7
Speedjunkiejp

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan
First I am shocked at the responses on this thread

To the OP: It seems like you are on the right path. The black one you posted appears to be a lip kit. Use yahoo japan auctions to find a kit, search using Belta since that is what they are called there. There are several companies that will bid on it for you and ship it to you for a fee. To be VIP can cost sometimes but the end result is priceless. I miss my VIP xB alot so I am going the same route with my Yaris Sedan.

Quote:

Here's a cheap sedan kit on ebay...

And XXR rims will give you a deep lip VIP look...

Please don't call that kit VIP. From my knowledge XXR doesn't make a VIP styled wheel. They make a low offset wheel but VIP is more than just super flushness.

As to why people don't use the $289.00 kit, you have to spend upwards of $1k to get it to remotely fit right and look decent. Might as well spent $1200 on a kit that fits right in the first place. Yes there are kits that BOLT ON without modifications as I have assisted in installing several! You get what you pay for. I tried the ebay kit route as well once, it will be the last. I am not saying all kits from ebay are crap, there are exceptions to every rule.

Back to OP: I would start with the stance (suspension and wheels). What kind of wheels are you looking for?

Also I know I am new to the forum so no one really knows my style of response. The above response is not to bash anyone but to assist in educating, if I offended anyone I apologize. :-)
Speedjunkiejp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #8
PETERPOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedjunkiejp View Post

To the OP: It seems like you are on the right path. The black one you posted appears to be a lip kit. Use yahoo japan auctions to find a kit, search using Belta since that is what they are called there. There are several companies that will bid on it for you and ship it to you for a fee. To be VIP can cost sometimes but the end result is priceless. I miss my VIP xB alot so I am going the same route with my Yaris Sedan.

Please don't call that kit VIP. From my knowledge XXR doesn't make a VIP styled wheel. They make a low offset wheel but VIP is more than just super flushness.

As to why people don't use the $289.00 kit, you have to spend upwards of $1k to get it to remotely fit right and look decent. Might as well spent $1200 on a kit that fits right in the first place. Yes there are kits that BOLT ON without modifications as I have assisted in installing several! You get what you pay for. I tried the ebay kit route as well once, it will be the last. I am not saying all kits from ebay are crap, there are exceptions to every rule.

Back to OP: I would start with the stance (suspension and wheels). What kind of wheels are you looking for?

Also I know I am new to the forum so no one really knows my style of response. The above response is not to bash anyone but to assist in educating, if I offended anyone I apologize. :-)

This isn't a VIP style rim?

All I know is, there are abunch of cars around here using those wheels and they consider themselves to be in the "VIP" group. Not my cup of tea.

And I was only showing him that ebay body kit to give him options on kits in general for the sedan (since there aren't many options). It's obvious that the kit I showed him would be crap (ebay kit).

Thanks though for trying to be the next tamago. I'll be looking forward to your future postings....

Old 09-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #9
Speedjunkiejp

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
This isn't a VIP style rim?

All I know is, there are abunch of cars around here using those wheels and they consider themselves to be in the "VIP" group. Not my cup of tea.

And I was only showing him that ebay body kit to give him options on kits in general for the sedan (since there aren't many options). It's obvious that the kit I showed him would be crap (ebay kit).

Thanks though for trying to be the next tamago. I'll be looking forward to your future postings....

I wasn't trying to be the next anyone. You are correct I completely forgot about that wheel. It is actually a copy of the wheels I had on my xB and my xB is the one that started the idea for that wheel.

I don't know why you look forward to my next or future postings. Again my previous comments were not to insult or offend anyone. In fact if your ever close to Jacksonville, FL I would buy you a beer (that goes to anyone here). There has been a lot of confusion as to what VIP is and being that I have been in the VIP scene for a while I thought I might help.

BTW To OP: I may have sourced the mugen style window visors. If all works well and your interested I will share. pm me.

Here are a few pics of my old xB

Last edited by Speedjunkiejp; 09-02-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Speedjunkiejp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #10
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
I wasn't trying to be the next anyone. You are correct I completely forgot about that wheel. It is actually a copy of the wheels I had on my xB and my xB is the one that started the idea for that wheel.

I don't know why you look forward to my next or future postings. Again my previous comments were not to insult or offend anyone. In fact if your ever close to Jacksonville, FL I would buy you a beer (that goes to anyone here). There has been a lot of confusion as to what VIP is and being that I have been in the VIP scene for a while I thought I might help.

BTW To OP: I may have sourced the mugen style window visors. If all works well and your interested I will share. pm me.

Here are a few pics of my old xB

^^ Nice box man , really love the wheels . Are they work eurolines or fabulos ??? Those rims would set the yaris off Imo of course with airrunners too .
blacksandiegovitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #11
katchkillah
Lost

Drives: Toyota ist
Quote:

nice points SP. same here got lots to read on the forums before i start babbling away too. and yes aggressive or not type of kits,just beware many of the cheaper kits tend to have more labor installation costs then pricier kits with less labor. happened alot in the scion community. but does anyone listen. lol.
katchkillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:49 PM   #12
PETERPOOP

Well your options for body kits for the yaris sedan are pretty slim. I'm only aware of the lip kit that Cali Yaris was selling for the sedan. However, haven't seen anyone selling any body kits for the sedan. Maybe someone will chime in with some help...
Old 09-01-2009, 10:53 PM   #13
Jirvz

Quote:
Well your options for body kits for the yaris sedan are pretty slim. I'm only aware of the lip kit that Cali Yaris was selling for the sedan. However, haven't seen anyone selling any body kits for the sedan. Maybe someone will chime in with some help...
Again I appreciate your help and I do realize my options are limited. I do have some kits in mind if I cant find the kit Im looking for in particular. I'll check back later after work/school. Thanks!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #14
PETERPOOP

No probs. Which kits do you have in mind? And where would you purchase them at? Website? Locally?
Old 09-02-2009, 03:05 AM   #15
Jirvz

Well I was thinking about using this kit instead... Im more open to ordering online as there are no body kits for any yaris here.

http://www.andysautosport.com/toyota...o00205046.html

Old 09-02-2009, 03:24 AM   #16
PETERPOOP

$800 bucks for a lip kit is expensive. You do know it's just a lip kit and not a full body kit, right?
Old 09-02-2009, 03:25 AM   #17
AznGouki
Metsu

Drives: NCP91 ; E36
A drop that aggressive can only come from coilovers. DF210s net me a 2 finger gap all around on my liftback. Good luck with your project. I love the vip cars.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:32 AM   #18
Jirvz

Quote:
$800 bucks for a lip kit is expensive. You do know it's just a lip kit and not a full body kit, right?
yes I do... but I think its the closest to the style I like... unless there are other kits I should know about

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznGouki View Post
A drop that aggressive can only come from coilovers. DF210s net me a 2 finger gap all around on my liftback. Good luck with your project. I love the vip cars.
Thanks! I'll keep it in mind. I love the VIP too!