Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
YaYa1320
YaYa
 
YaYa1320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 117
Megan coilover fitment problem

I ordered a set of Megan coilovers and when I was installing the front Megan coilovers, the coilover would not fit on the hub where the two bolts mount the strut to the hub, soooo I ground about an 1/16 of an inch off the hub, and it fits, but was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with Megan coilovers, or if I by chance got a set for a similar vehicle packaged wrong, any response would be helpful, as I said, they are on my YaYa now, but it seemed weird to have to grind metal off the hub.
YaYa1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:44 PM   #2
Keith Tinari
Scrubble with a poke.
 
Keith Tinari's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Yaris LB
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Holland PA.
Posts: 166
It happens. Megan isnt known for having the highest quality. make sure you grease the threads up real good on the top and bottom. They have a bad habit of freezing up after time.
__________________
"If you cannot find truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?" Dogen
Keith Tinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:21 PM   #3
thebarber
daily driver
 
thebarber's Avatar
 
Drives: the #wrecho
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 5,877
no problems here...
__________________
thebarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:20 AM   #4
Tamago
 
Tamago's Avatar
 
Drives: UZJ100
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Off Grid
Posts: 4,927
possibly they sent the wrong struts?

yeah.. megan is kinda not well known.. for being quality. $200 more woulda gotten you quality parts ;)
__________________
Been a long time messing with cars..
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:11 AM   #5
BailOut
Steals terrorist's lunch
 
BailOut's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Reno, Nevada, USA
Posts: 1,299
FYI: "fitment" means equipment, or fittings (as in the fittings on a ship). It has nothing to do with how well something fits or not. That would just be "fit", as in, "The coilovers did not fit my hubs.".
__________________
- Brian

Share the Road


I often carry 2 carpool passengers and mountain bikes
or snowboards/skis over a 4,500 foot elevation difference.
Click the graphic above to see my detailed mileage logs.
BailOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #6
cali yaris
ULTIMATE
 
cali yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
It's good info to share, I need to know this stuff too. I hadn't heard of Megan coilovers not fitting before this report, as thirty nine and thebarber have posted.
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #7
YaYa1320
YaYa
 
YaYa1320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 117
I did send Megan an e-mail today after I called them and they stated nobody was there that could explain why they would not fit correctly. WOW. Hopefully they respond from my e-mail. I will keep everyone informed of what kind of response I get.
YaYa1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:01 PM   #8
kurokoma-kun
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: my own little world
Posts: 1,256
I bought mine from a different vendor, almost two years ago. I dealt with their customer service on a warranty return, and got some weird initial responses too. Then after installing the 2nd rear unit they sent me I found it had a defect (the damping adjuster is too far down inside the rod of the shock so I can't use the adjuster knob, got to use a loooong hex key).

By that time I was tired of installing shocks, and it has made no discernible difference in perfomance, so I did not bother returning it. I must say, for the money they have a lot of features and perform very well. However when I bought them I planned on wearing them out, then upgrading to something like the Silk Roads.
__________________
my yaris, kurokoma-kun
kurokoma-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pre Hack Revival: Megan Racing Header vs Ebay Header Sabretooth Performance Modifications 15 08-19-2009 05:26 PM
Megan Coilover install DIY kapo DIY / Maintenance / Service 5 09-24-2007 07:20 PM
Megan or Tein suspension elmercurrie Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 43 05-31-2007 09:41 PM
Service Problem Lizardboy DIY / Maintenance / Service 19 10-06-2006 09:12 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:09 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.