![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2012 Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Zombieville
Posts: 74
|
For the price of a Prius...
For the price of a Prius you can buy a Yaris and enough gas to drive about 108,500 mi figuring $3.50 a gallon and 38 mpg if you can buy a Prius for $24,000 and a Yaris for $14,000.
Based on an approximate difference in mpg of 10mpg, it would take around 400,000 miles of driving to recapture the difference in purchase price of the Prius by gas savings. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
But that's only if your looking at just MPG. The Prius is much more of a car than the Yaris is.....more room, more features, more compliant ride, etc., etc. And the Prius V takes the practicality thing to a whole new level.
__________________
If you want to enjoy your car, stay off of the internet. |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
My above comment was based on the regular Prius/Prius V to the C. The difference may tighten up when comparing the Yaris and the C. But it's apples to oranges when comparing the Yaris to the regular Prius. I test drove both the Yaris and Pruis several times before deciding on the Yaris. The Pruis was a vastly superior car. In the end, it came down to writing a check for the Yaris or financing some of the Prius. However, if I were buying a car right now, there would be a white Pruis V in my garage.
__________________
If you want to enjoy your car, stay off of the internet. |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2010 Prius, 2007 Yaris Sedan Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ocala Florida
Posts: 368
|
Not sure where you are, but my local dealership has the Prius c for $19000, and the lowest Yaris I've seen is between 15 and 16000. With the additional features of the Prius over the Yaris, it doesn't sound like a bad deal at all.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
play every day
Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,962
|
You have just explained why there are so many different kinds of vehicles offered for sale. Everyone has different expectations of what they want in a car. The Yaris and the Prius each appeal to a different kind of person.
I'm a Yaris person... so I go for cheap basic no frills frugal practical economical transportation. So for me the premium on the cost of a Prius would only be a waste of my money. |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket) Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas!
Posts: 2,799
|
Quote:
Plus there's that alwful stigma of driving a Prius, from that smug factor made fun of on South Park to the constant badgering on Top Gear (the good one, not the shitty US version!). Being a Jeep owner I constantly see the self-righteousness of Prius owners on a regular basis, too bad they are clueless as to how much damage their cars (mainly the batteries) have/will do to the environment in the long run. Can ya tell I'm not a fan?!?
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
play every day
Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,962
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
So be it.....but I'd gladly drive a "vagina". I couldn't possibly care any less about what others think of me based on what I drive. If I did, I certainly would not be driving a Yaris.
__________________
If you want to enjoy your car, stay off of the internet. Last edited by Billiam; 05-26-2012 at 09:20 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws! Join Date: May 2009
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Posts: 4,839
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
$10.25/hr frying chicken
|
Not typical but i got mine for 14000 out the door
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
help! my Yaris shrunk!
Drives: 12 Hot Lava iQ/07 Jade Vios Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,748
|
The Prius C One has less features that I like than my Vios, namely cruise control. I only considered getting one because it came in Orange(Habanero) but the wait was three months and they want MSRP. I'm sure I can get another Yaris under MSRP. My '07 one was $15k out the door but thats because my parents bought all the extra warranty crap, should have only been $12k and it came with convenience package and 15" wheels
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws! Join Date: May 2009
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Posts: 4,839
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
help! my Yaris shrunk!
Drives: 12 Hot Lava iQ/07 Jade Vios Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,748
|
I also like the Metallic Rain, unexplicable color... it's like blue but not really
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
advocatus diaboli
Drives: 07 Yaris hatch Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Jacinto California
Posts: 1,126
|
Ugh...my dad wants to get a Prius. He has more than enough money to buy whatever car he wants(in cash) and is all about the freaking Prius. I hope he changes his mind!!!
I always pictured my dad retiring with a nice Bentley or some Italian sports-car, I can't picture him rolling in a Prius, it's like a slap in the face. If you'll excuse me I'm going to work on my Prius voodoo-doll...I need every bit of help I can get to change his mind. ;)
__________________
-Type 07 FFL- ![]() My odometer 03/11 http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg |
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Experienced Yaris Owner
Drives: Yaris 2013 1.33 Ltr Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Jena, Germany
Posts: 45
|
In my view the Prius is a totally useless piece of crap.
The only purpose it does serve in fact is making the owners feeling good about driving one. Whenever I am in the tree hugging mood I consequently ride the bicycle rather than driving any car. Basta. (Btw I did the 30000 km with my 3 Cyl Yaris with an average of 4.8 ltrs per 100 km.) |
|
|
|
|
|
#16 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws! Join Date: May 2009
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Posts: 4,839
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws! Join Date: May 2009
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Posts: 4,839
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
"Snobs", "emasculated men"....Really? Man you guys are very judgemental. I'd gladly own a Prius or Prius V (and certainly could) and I'm neither snobby and most certainly not emasculated.....and not even a tree-hugger for that matter.
Since some of you seems quite worried about people's perception of you if you drove a Prius, you do understand that you drive a Yaris, right? Many of the "non manly" adjectives that you've used to describe Prius owners can be used to describe Yaris owners too. But you'd have to add "cheap" and/or non-affluent as well....because, outside of YarisWorld which accounts for a tiny portion of actual Yaris owners, most people's perception of the Yaris and the people who drive a Yaris is that it's a cheap, tin-can, econo-car and it's all the person driving it could afford. I promise you that the "Yaris cool factor" that we like to tout around here is almost completely nonexistent out in the rest of the world. Oh...for the record...by far, woman out number men, I'd say 10 to 1 as Yaris owners around here anyway. Maybe you guys could hang some of the those big truck-nuts from the back bumper of your Yaris and people might not notice what feminine little shit boxes you drive.
__________________
If you want to enjoy your car, stay off of the internet. |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Toyota says don't call them Priuses -- call 'em the Prii | Kal-El | Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions | 7 | 02-22-2011 10:30 AM |