Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-27-2014, 07:20 PM   #1
MoneyT8

Drives: White Yaris Sedan
Should I get an alignment?

Hello, I've recently had my alignment checked at Just Tires for my '07 Yaris and everything checked out great except for the right front passenger side which measured at -0.9 cross camber which is the maximum it can go for the Yaris. I'm about to get new tires soon (General RT43) and want to make sure they are taken care of so would the alignment be necessary eventhough it's right at the maximum at -0.9.

I'm thinking I should get the alignment, however Just Tires also said I needed a camber kit which would cost $180 so I said no way. I'll do it without the camber kit and even than there is no guarantee they can get it within a positive range.

What do you all think? Thanks in advance.
MoneyT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:19 PM   #2
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
What are the actual camber degree for both front wheels?

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:57 PM   #3
MoneyT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezhacker1 View Post
What are the actual camber degree for both front wheels?
The range for a '07 Yaris fronts are -0.9 to 0.6. As you can see I'm right at the edge -0.9 on the front passenger side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiwolfman View Post
When I did my car after I put teins in it my camber is at 0.0 both sides ...but yes is only one side out or are they both about same or similar amount .
The side u mention is the curb side ..common problem with city driving and curbs getting hit lol

sent from my S4 on Mars
Did you have to buy a camber kit? I may do the alignment.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:17 PM   #4
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
When I did my car after I put teins in it my camber is at 0.0 both sides ...but yes is only one side out or are they both about same or similar amount .
The side u mention is the curb side ..common problem with city driving and curbs getting hit lol

sent from my S4 on Mars
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 11:10 PM   #5
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
No camber kit at all if I'm not mistaken the yaris stock caber is 0 up front and lowering had no effect on it just toe , that I had to reset was out by about 5 degree each side .
You could try and loosen the lower 2 strut bolts and see if that helps they dont have adjustments but sometimes it helps that bit ...so loosen and re tighten bolts ...this works best on alignment rack .

sent from my S4 on Mars

PS to answer ur original question , new tires = alignment check and do if needed
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 12:59 AM   #6
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
What is the camber of your other front tire. That is more important and will tell us if you really need an alignment or not.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:18 AM   #7
ezhacker1

Cross camber is just telling us that there is a difference between left and right camber, meaning biased to one side. But we want to know the actual measurements for left and right to help you.

Old 09-28-2014, 09:35 AM   #8
MoneyT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
What is the camber of your other front tire. That is more important and will tell us if you really need an alignment or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezhacker1 View Post
Cross camber is just telling us that there is a difference between left and right camber, meaning biased to one side. But we want to know the actual measurements for left and right to help you.
The cross camber of the driver side front side is at 0.0. If I did need an alignment would I need a camber kit as Just Tires told me? or they just trying to extract as much as possible from my wallet? I'm hoping that I can get just an alignment without the camber kit and it would address the issue.

Also if I did need an alignment, should I do it at the local shop or Toyota Dealership? Seeing that they have a special at the dealership for an alignment which is about the same price as the local shop. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:31 AM   #9
ezhacker1

Ok i see what you are trying to say.

Driver side is set to 0 degree Camber, and Passenger is -0.9 Camber = Passenger bias cross camber of -0.9.

People run with more camber than that and its ok, mainly for looks and fitting low offset tires, among other things. Im sure the car pulls mighty to the left. Camber bolts dont cost that much at all, its just 1 bolt and not like a camber plates or stuff.
For instance: http://shop.microimageonline.com/Adj...olts-81270.htm

But try loosening the two shock bolts and give a nice tug on the top of wheel to even it out. If the car tracks straight you know you got it at least pretty close.