![]() |
|
|
|
#1297 | |
|
Yaris Rules!!
Drives: 2007 Red Yaris Liftback a/t Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 201
|
Quote:
I can't really tell you, but maybe because most people when they fill up there cars usually stop when it clicks. But after if clicks you can add another gallon approx. to the tank. So that extra gallon adds extra mileage. What can I tell you, this works for me. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1298 |
![]() ![]() Drives: Bayou Blue 2dr, AT Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 67
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1299 |
|
Small Car Lover
|
Lately I've been getting worse then I usually adverage. I usually adverage during this time of year (summer) mid to upper 40's. Sometimes 50mpg. But as of late I've been getting low 30's and some mid 30's
I did get new tires so I'm guessing it might be that. They are 14inch Michellin Harmony tires? I heard they were good and they are. So I'm guessing since they are new and the tread is not worn it will affect my mileage but even when I take it easy and I usually do my mileage is suffering. I guess I have to give it time when the tires wear in a little more. I know with my last they were getting down there. Anyone have suggestions? Would new tires really effect mileage that much? I know it would but didn't expect that much of a decrease. They handle like a dream and the car is more confident in turns and on the road (still getting use to it) so I guess that's the trade off.
__________________
You may look good on the beach but in reality you're a pompus, egotistical jerk. "I was never on the beach with you..."and you never will. |
|
|
|
|
|
#1300 | |
|
Steals terrorist's lunch
Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Reno, Nevada, USA
Posts: 1,299
|
Quote:
Additionally, the reason for the automatic shut-off at the pumps is to prevent both raw emissions and spillage. Bypassing that system is not helping your local environment one bit, and is illegal in many areas.
__________________
- Brian Share the Road I often carry 2 carpool passengers and mountain bikes or snowboards/skis over a 4,500 foot elevation difference. Click the graphic above to see my detailed mileage logs. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1301 |
|
Yaris 07 PW LB
|
That what i do Brian... drive slow til the light goes out. im an agressive driver. im seeing like 32mpg with 1400 miles on it... this will be my 4th tank - auto tranz n air on all the time... Paul
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1302 |
![]() Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 36
|
My last five tanks between 90 to 100% city driving were:
17 MAY 5.0L/100km 46.7 MPG 21 MAY 5.3L/100km 43.9 MPG 01 JUN 4.9L/100km 47.0 MPG 13 JUN 5.3L/100km 43.8 MPG 27 JUN 5.1L/100km 45.5 MPG Only BailOut achieves 50 or more MPG here, uncleyaris was referring to imperial miles, which equates to slightly over 40 MPG US. We Canadians still have a long way to catch up. |
|
|
|
|
|
#1303 |
|
toyota
Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: toronto, canada
Posts: 3,637
|
weird mine start blinkin at about 540 km.. once at 570 km...but i can never hit 600km b4 the blinkin starts!!!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1304 | |
|
Yaris Rules!!
Drives: 2007 Red Yaris Liftback a/t Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 201
|
Quote:
Exactly what I do. The way BailOut was writing it was like I was letting the gas pour out everywhere. It happened once a cop was fueling up in front of me when I did it also. Maybe the laws are different in the USA.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1305 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BC
Posts: 1,051
|
Same old F.E. tips from a different source:
http://news.en.autos.sympatico.msn.c...umentid=917361 Enjoy! |
|
|
|
|
|
#1306 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,065
|
Just got back from my Richmond, VA to Point Pleasant, NJ trip.
Round trip I got 42.1MPG from Richmond to Middeltown Delaware (filled up at half tank 196 miles) From there I went to Point Pleasant and back into Virginia at 396 miles. 43.7MPG on that tank! I take US-301 instead of I-95. Much better on my stress levels.
__________________
Other car is a 2005 Mustang Convertible 4.0L V6 Manual - Legend Lime Get YarAss in gear! RIP - Casey Tatum |
|
|
|
|
|
#1307 |
![]() Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Met. Meteorite Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Parkville, MD
Posts: 29
|
Man thats awesome
Over 42 a gallon... wow. I am still on the tank the dealer gave me, and hopefully will be for atleast a week, so I will see how my mpg is when I fill up. I have heard that the engine needs to 'break in' a bit before the true mileage becomes apparent, is that true?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1308 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 07 black yaris 5 speed lb Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: michigan
Posts: 54
|
i am at 407.3 miles, still on the dealer tank. i still have 2 bars left, but i think the second to last bar is about to go. the tank has been 80% highway with very minimal a/c usage. much of the driving has been at 45-60 mph, so pretty optimal conditions for good mileage. i was SO worried that i would not get the same mileage i got with my 5 speed corolla, but it appears my fears are being put to rest quickly.
the only thing ive done is shift conservatively--at 12 mph-22 mph-32 mph-42 mph and accelerate gently. ill report back when i do a fill for an exact figure. |
|
|
|
|
|
#1309 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,065
|
Quote:
__________________
Other car is a 2005 Mustang Convertible 4.0L V6 Manual - Legend Lime Get YarAss in gear! RIP - Casey Tatum |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1310 |
![]() ![]() Drives: Yaris LB Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 89
|
Just got back from a trip to Florida (from Pittsburgh) and got anywhere from 43.5 to 46.3 mpg on 4 tanks of gas (currently on the last fill-up), with different terrains and different conditions (ac on some of the time, off some of the time), plus, the car was loaded with luggage, two adult sized people and one 11 year old. 95% of the ride was highway, but here and there with traffic jams and some city driving once I got to Atlanta and then Orlando, there was some city driving as well. I must say, I'm really happy. Now if I can only get the 34 mpg that they promise for city driving; my 1st tank with 95% city driving got me 30.4 mpg. I was a little disappointed with that, but I don't know how full the Toyota guys and gals filled the tank, so it might have been half a gallon or so shy of full -- that might have made a 3.6 mpg difference; we'll see.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1311 |
![]() |
Hello everyone... I just recently Drove from Toronto to Conneticut and since i had to drive on the i90 for around 490km i decide what better way to measure my MPG. Well it turns out i did 145.08 miles per 4.498 US gal.
145.08 miles / 4.498gal= 32.254 miles per gal. 17.02liters / 234.0km *100km= 7.274 liters per 100 kilometer. Which is pretty bad considering Toyota advertises their fuel efficiency at 40mpg on highway. By the way i have a Manual Hatchback, and yes i did have my AC on... so that should also take up a few MPG but i can't even get close to the 40mpg that Toyota Advertises. Even with the AC on that should only add around 10% of fuel consumption which would bring me up to 35.479MPG. still no where near their 40MPG advertise. I'm wondering if my car is defective?? I have Synthetic Oil in my engine and I recently checked my tire preasure... which is to manufactures recommendation. this just confuses me too much... my car has already been broken in... i have around 20 000 kilometer on it. :( |
|
|
|
|
|
#1312 |
|
Chillin' out by the Bay
Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The back streets of San Fran
Posts: 151
|
10K miles and averaging 39 mpg. Wow....
__________________
Gettin' all the way down. Meteorite '07 HB STILL completely stock; but.... checkin' out da other ones to see what's what. |
|
|
|
|
|
#1313 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,065
|
Quote:
__________________
Other car is a 2005 Mustang Convertible 4.0L V6 Manual - Legend Lime Get YarAss in gear! RIP - Casey Tatum |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1314 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 07 black yaris 5 speed lb Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: michigan
Posts: 54
|
ok, i ended up at 431.8 miles when the second to last bar disappeared. i filled up immediately. it took 10.169 gallons to fill (i thought it would take less gallons to fill when the last bar began to blink).
anyway, that put my mpg at 42.46. i will not complain. based on what many others have gotten, i expected this type of mileage on a mostly highway tank. however, i didnt think id get it on my first tank. |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|