Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2006, 03:56 PM   #19
sroberts
 
sroberts's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Englewood, CO
Posts: 300
The (Older) James Bond movies. He always had a cool car, and cool women :)
__________________
I am not allowed to put anything here because I do not have any ricey mods on my Yaris....
sroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 07:17 PM   #20
spacemanoeuvres
spase peepole
 
spacemanoeuvres's Avatar
 
Drives: BLAZING BLUE Liftback 5 Speed
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 119
...

Ronin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQa-RSSRrVM

Inspired a respect for cars as well as admiration for skilled drivers
__________________
we am spase peepole
spacemanoeuvres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:29 AM   #21
redglare45
 
redglare45's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Sedan - 5 Speed Manual
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pomona / Pasadena, California
Posts: 337
I recently watched the original Vanishing Point movie.
Supercharged Dodge Challenger tearing up the highway
redglare45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:36 AM   #22
VidKidz
 
Drives: 1997 VW GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mt. Lebanon, PA
Posts: 7
Well, there was those Phantasm flicks with the Plum Crazy hemi'cuda....
VidKidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:29 PM   #23
Frink
 
Frink's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 5 door 5 speed
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 18
Two Lane Blacktop, love that primered 55 Chevy.... and the GTO too.
Canonball run had that great opening sequence with the Lamborghini Countach driving in the desert.
As a kid watching TV, it had to be the Dukes of Hazzard & Knight Rider.
Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:02 PM   #24
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing
 
fnkngrv's Avatar
 
Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In The Hotbox
Posts: 4,742
Now this is the kind of thread that I was hoping for when I created it...a lot of variety. As for me I would also have to add Smokey and the Bandit as others have as well as American Graffitti.
__________________
Team Tiamat Racing on Facebook


Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing


Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 07:58 PM   #25
Moose
Resident Redneck
 
Moose's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Polar White Yaris Sedan 5M
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv
Now this is the kind of thread that I was hoping for when I created it...a lot of variety. As for me I would also have to add Smokey and the Bandit as others have as well as American Graffitti.
American Graffiti! Good one! I love the scene where he throws the ticket into the glovebox full of tickets.

Sorry if I'm not making much sense (a few too many).
__________________
My other rides:
2003 Honda Civic LX Coupe 5M- S/C K24 w/ LSD coming soon!
1999 Honda Civic EX Coupe 5M w/ B18 powaa
1985 Toyota Celica GTS Coupe 5M- track whip
http://www.importlounge.com
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:16 PM   #26
eight_heads
 
eight_heads's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback
Join Date: May 2006
Location: LA, USA
Posts: 244
i'd have to say Mad Maxx and Beyond Thunder Dome
__________________

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
eight_heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:44 PM   #27
ricko
 
ricko's Avatar
 
Drives: Copper-Orange Yaris RS
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Georgian Triangle Ont.
Posts: 310
LeMans for sure!
ricko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:58 PM   #28
Hawaiian Bluzman
Chrome is GOOT!
 
Drives: Polar.WhiteYaris.2dr.liftback
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hawaiian Isles
Posts: 44
Here are my top 5 Car Movies
1. Road Warrior (watched it about 20 times at the Drive-in)
2. Vanising Point (Cause I owned a 1970 Challenger 318cu V8)
3. Two Lane blacktop (55 Chevy!)
4. American Graffiti (Classic Rods & Street Cruising & Rock&Roll!)
5. and the Rest......
Hawaiian Bluzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 04:29 AM   #29
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom
 
eTiMaGo's Avatar
 
Drives: lil red 5-door
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 7,744
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
If we mean "influential" as in influencing the world of cars and tuning, then definitely the Fast and the Furious, which basically turned the whole underground street tuning to be very much above ground.

In terms of influencing myself, well, not quite a movie, but the Initial D animes (move was OK...), the original french Taxi movie, Cannonball run, original italian job (gonna get a classic mini at some point in the future... just hard to find here), and so much more!
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:05 PM   #30
nsmitchell
 
nsmitchell's Avatar
 
Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,065
Dukes of Hazzard TV show!
Mad Max!
Death Race 2000!
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! - The ultimate tuner car!
__________________
Other car is a 2005 Mustang Convertible 4.0L V6 Manual - Legend Lime
Get YarAss in gear!
RIP - Casey Tatum
nsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:06 PM   #31
the_saint
50% borikén
 
the_saint's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 Mazda5, 90 240sx
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Omaha, somewhere in middle america
Posts: 166
I think the very first movie that sparked my intrest in cars was Cannonball Run. As a kid I day-dreamed about the Countach pretty much daily.



Does anybody remember The Wraith?
the_saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:00 PM   #32
bugnuts
 
bugnuts's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback BBP
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bowling Green, Kentucky
Posts: 149
Christine!! Who the hell would not want a car that could fix itself and kill all of the people that torment you!
bugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:03 PM   #33
bugnuts
 
bugnuts's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback BBP
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bowling Green, Kentucky
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_saint
I think the very first movie that sparked my intrest in cars was Cannonball Run. As a kid I day-dreamed about the Countach pretty much daily.



Does anybody remember The Wraith?
The wraith was a badass "b" movie! One of my favorites
bugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:59 PM   #34
littlecarlove
 
Drives: Want a Yaris
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: KY
Posts: 101
I’m showing my age here but for me it would have to be The Graduate. Dustin Hoffman buys a little Alfa Romeo from the cash he made screwing his girlfriend’s mom - GREAT friggin movie! I fell in love with small cars right then.
Since then I’ve owned a Mini, a TR6, a Dodge Colt, a Miata, and next a Yaris! (I’ve also owned a couple of big cars in there but who cares about those?)

Hays
littlecarlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:31 AM   #35
jmew0ng
 
Drives: Scion FRS
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Arizona
Posts: 179
Well since I'm asian and still watch cartoons haha... Initial D did it for me.
Actually I think the game got me into it, then I just started to watch the series... not a movie but they did have a movie haha (and no i wasn't influenced to drift everywhere and roll a miata off the road "youtube reference")
jmew0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 03:08 AM   #36
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!
 
hasher22's Avatar
 
Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Australia Sydney
Posts: 1,469
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
Just going oldskool for a bit



Even back then leather was standard
__________________
hasher22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yaris Liftback For Sale - Raleigh, North Carolina costaricandreams Items for Sale by private party 39 02-27-2007 08:30 AM
Yaris lead times sroberts New YARIS Purchase Forum 54 12-14-2006 01:17 PM
Get your Yaris without waiting! costaricandreams New YARIS Purchase Forum 52 07-22-2006 10:42 AM
Time Lines flip New YARIS Purchase Forum 8 07-18-2006 03:00 PM
Buying a first car..lol Blenjar Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 11 06-13-2006 11:58 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:13 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.