![]() |
|
|
|
#235 |
|
╚══════════RN
|
Grrrr, google cache doesn't save the pics I uploaded via yarisworld as attachments to my posts.
__________________
42.88
|
|
|
|
|
|
#236 |
|
Administrator
|
I feel horrible about this but what do you want me to do at this point? I didn't ask for this, I never did anything to piss anyone off. Someone very malicious and vicious came and attacked the forum and I've been working for more hours then I can count to bring things back as best as possible. Sure I wish I had daily backups. Sure I wish we had a 24 hour onsite server maintainance company to watch things for us and keep the hackers out. But the fact is that I'm one person who is trying to run the site in conjuction with an amazing moderator team and amazing site membership. This place is a homegrown effort for sure. I'm frustrated and I want to snap quite a few necks right now, but the only thing I can actually do and have an effect on is to get things back up to par. I haven't even spent that much time trying to trace the hacker as I have been in just setting things right. At this point retribution is much less important than getting the ship floating and sailing straight again. Take my word for it, its alot of work and I might be moving the server completly today as right now we are leasing the space and since i'm dropping some more money on daily backups I might as well spend some on a new server... theres alot on my plate right now and i'm doing what I can to fix things and i'm sorry I didnt do everything I probably should of but please remember this is a complete donation of my time and money; i've never asked for anything from anyone and never will. Sorry i'm rambling right now. Ok, keep the PMs with suggestions coming i'm implementing things as they come in so if you've ever wanted something, nows the time to ask :)
|
|
|
|
|
|
#237 |
|
Bathroom + Laptop = <3
|
since this site has been hacked i don't look at it as a downfall, i look at it as a fresh chance to make new threads/advancements quicker so we can get rid of the old threads that are there now :D
|
|
|
|
|
|
#238 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 07 Yaris silver manual sedan Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Queens New York, USA
Posts: 145
|
I didn't know about the hacking till I got the email informing me of it. I hope the moron(s) who did this pay in a very painful way. A curse upon their houses and computers.
__________________
Driver Time is an excellent teacher, unfortunately it kills all it's students |
|
|
|
|
|
#239 |
|
Banned
Drives: yw calls me douche and racist. Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: hay
Posts: 2,183
|
I'm sure google has it cached somewhere. haha.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#240 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Gahh!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#241 |
|
Tiny Giant Clothing
Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rochester, NH
Posts: 3,394
|
having some issues..
it says i cant search the forum for 5750 seconds. also when i tried to post in the build a story thread I got errors and when i refreshed and tried to post it said that it was duplicate post.. which it wasnt. seems there might be some database build up.. or bad file permissions or something.. idk
__________________
Sold the yaris... rocking an 89 vw cabriolet now :) |
|
|
|
|
|
#242 |
|
Administrator
|
I think it has to do with the clock error we had this morning. It should fix itself by 1:40PM today. About 2 more hours from now. Sorry bout this but it should be a one time problem and all should be ok after 1:40-1:50PM EST
|
|
|
|
|
|
#243 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ULTIMATEDrives: 07 Yaris Turbo Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
|
I'm staying as a member, but the owner has made it clear that he doesn't care if vendors stay or go.
Seems to me that a year of helpfulness and product procurement would be desirable. So I haven't decided about that yet.
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific. |
|
|
|
|
|
#244 |
|
1NZ-FE all day long
|
getting hacked sucks big time.
props to the admin for doing his best to get it back together, and i dont get why everyone getting mad at admin for, i would understand if the vendors are, but for the rest of us its free what do you expect? i lost all my post and pics, not the end of the world |
|
|
|
|
|
#245 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: '07 Yaris Sedan/'03 Protege Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Posts: 260
|
I'm back & just waiting for my sub-forum to be reinstated. I'm not going to
re-do the old threads but I will repost the most important info. |
|
|
|
|
|
#246 |
![]() ![]() ![]() |
__________________
http://www.midatlanticnostalgiaconvention.com |
|
|
|
|
|
#247 |
|
Beast
|
Yeah, I guess we just need to do it all over again.. =( But thanks to the admin and the whole team this site is back up the next day. We can rebuild It. Make it Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger! We have the membership power!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#248 |
|
I've made a post!
Drives: 08 Flint Mica Sedan Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Southwest
Posts: 1
|
What a day to decide to come back and look for fog lights.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#249 | |
|
Tiny Giant Clothing
Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rochester, NH
Posts: 3,394
|
Quote:
you better stay and sell crap here garm.. i have to have somewhere to spend my xmas money this year...
__________________
Sold the yaris... rocking an 89 vw cabriolet now :) |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#250 |
|
Carless in Chicago
|
Hi everyone, I'm new here...wait no I'm definitely not...damnit.
Let's not get too extremely discouraged people...time to rebuild. |
|
|
|
|
|
#251 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: Absolutely red Liftback Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodstock, Ga
Posts: 7,816
|
I found a bug!
__________________
Obama Can't Gymkhana! |
|
|
|
|
|
#252 |
|
Beast
|
-smacks screen-
__________________
![]() One you've taken a yaris for a spin, there's no turning back. Its a Chao!!! |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|