Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2006, 07:25 PM   #595
ketel0ne
 
ketel0ne's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Liftback Blazing Blue
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Charles Town, WV
Posts: 104
At over 4600 miles I am now getting 38mpg+ on every tank and on many 60 mile commute segments breaking 41mpg with no issue at all. Air on or off. It is also an Automatic. Doing the speed limit seems to be the biggest contributor.
__________________
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:56 PM   #596
nsmitchell
 
nsmitchell's Avatar
 
Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv
I have the 5 spoke S model 15s and let me tell ya....I honestly think that they look too small....might.....just might.....look aight if you dropped the car 2 inches, but at stock height...small.
If you ever decide to upgrade your wheels, let me know.
nsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:34 PM   #597
tomjasz
Banned
 
tomjasz's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Black Yaris LB, 05 Camry LE
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lost Wages
Posts: 243
85F in light stop and go city traffic (11 miles boths ways) at 5 AM 30.5 MPG with AC on 32 MPG w/o AC.

104F heavy stop and go traffic 28 MPG w/AC to GD hot to test w/o!!!!

Not giving a shit and driving with nut bag Las Vegas drivers a steady 27.5 MPG
tomjasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:36 PM   #598
tomjasz
Banned
 
tomjasz's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Black Yaris LB, 05 Camry LE
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lost Wages
Posts: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjasz
85F in light stop and go city traffic (11 miles boths ways) at 5 AM 30.5 MPG with AC on 32 MPG w/o AC.

104F heavy stop and go traffic 28 MPG w/AC to GD hot to test w/o!!!!

Not giving a shit and driving with nut bag Las Vegas drivers a steady 27.5 MPG

BTW I do give a shit and am having fun tracking and improving with my new scanguage.
tomjasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:34 PM   #599
Snowflake
 
Drives: '06 Scion xA Indigo Ink Pearl
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: North of Bangor, Maine
Posts: 13
Odometer 1100. Mostly highway driving.
Mileage 32.7 US mpg. I hope this gets better. I've been driving about 70mph on the highway, maybe I should slow down even more.

The Canuck 5 door is pretty much the same as the xA, so I should be able to do a few mpg better.
Snowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:44 PM   #600
tomjasz
Banned
 
tomjasz's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Black Yaris LB, 05 Camry LE
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lost Wages
Posts: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake
Odometer 1100. Mostly highway driving.
Mileage 32.7 US mpg. I hope this gets better. I've been driving about 70mph on the highway, maybe I should slow down even more.

The Canuck 5 door is pretty much the same as the xA, so I should be able to do a few mpg better.

I'm comfortsble doing 70 in my Camry surrounded by airbags. In my Yaris? NO WAY!

I'll bet 65 gets a solid improvement!

Air on?
tomjasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:45 AM   #601
nsmitchell
 
nsmitchell's Avatar
 
Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,065
I've noticed that if I use the bathroom just before leaving to go to or from work, I get better mileage because I'm not speeding as much. Think about it.
nsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 11:10 AM   #602
stuffy
 
stuffy's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ontario, canada
Posts: 699
you also are not as heavy :)
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 04:48 PM   #603
Don Mason
 
Drives: Yaris
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: southern california
Posts: 7
Smile Highway Mileage Test

Greetings,

I recently passed the 1,000 mile mark on my manual trannie Yaris. I had to make a business trip to Las Vegas from my office, exactly 296 HWY miles. Filled up just before getting on the Freeway, and filled again when I arrived in Las Vegas.

Average HWY speed was 70 MPH. AC on the entire time. Average outside temperature was around 100 F degrees. Fuel milage was 39.4 Miles per US gallon.

I’m very pleased with the result. Great results for a brand new engine. Should see a small improvement once I get some more mileage on the power train.
Don Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:33 PM   #604
roadrunner
Yaris Hypermiler
 
roadrunner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Silver Liftback
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Perkasie PA USA
Posts: 102
ScanGuage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjasz
BTW I do give a shit and am having fun tracking and improving with my new scanguage.
Tom,
Do you recommend getting a Scanguage?
Where did you purchase it?
What do you use it for?
Thank you, Roadrunner
roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:57 PM   #605
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover
 
ECHOKnight2000's Avatar
 
Drives: A Super Car
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minnesota, US of A!
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner
Tom,
Do you recommend getting a Scanguage?
Where did you purchase it?
What do you use it for?
Thank you, Roadrunner



This thread should give you some ideas...I myself have one as well! Good luck!
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ight=Scanguage
__________________
You may look good on the beach but in reality you're a pompus, egotistical jerk. "I was never on the beach with you..."and you never will.
ECHOKnight2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:07 AM   #606
yoyoche
 
yoyoche's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 sedan auto pacific blue
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NW, Indiana
Posts: 15
Thumbs up My MPG

I have 1246 miles on mine after owning 1 month. Have put a total of 34.71 gals in her so far. This averages out to 35.9 MPG. Wife drives her to work mostly, which is through the country here in Indiana. Have had the AC on most of the time. I bought the vehicle for retirement to save some dollars. If it continues to get this kind of mileage then I'm a happy camper.
yoyoche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 10:16 AM   #607
tds12
This is my other ride.
 
tds12's Avatar
 
Drives: Wht, M, Power 2007 yaris HB
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wa state
Posts: 43
MPG

I have driven a total of 1650 miles on my HB. Overall is 38.9 MPG. When the tank is 100% highway it is 41 MPG. All with the air conditioning on.
tds12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:07 PM   #608
bpreston
 
bpreston's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris (Black)
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Posts: 6
I have almost 2000 miles on my LB and I am getting 33 1/3 with the A/C on in Arizona.
bpreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:02 PM   #609
dandj
 
Drives: 07 Yaris sedan auto
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: micigan us
Posts: 60
A little over 6,000 miles and a consistent 38mpg and up to over 40. I even got 37.5 @ 75-80 mph for 150 miles.
dandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:50 PM   #610
daq421
MPG is the new cool
 
daq421's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris sedan (silver) Auto
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Livermore, CA
Posts: 116
Send a message via AIM to daq421
I got the worst mileage so far on the last tank.. 34.8 mpg
I'm guessing that as I relax and enjoy the new car my right foot has gotten a bit um... heavier. (comfortable cruising speed seems to want to be 80mph... gotta watch that..) This tank I'll keep a lighter foot. However if it continues to drop I'll take it in for a check up
__________________
daq421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:07 PM   #611
riceboy
 
Drives: icebox
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: CAN
Posts: 1,003
Last tank was only 500km's... very disappointed.. then again... with the addition of the CAI I've been zipping around like crazy..
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:40 PM   #612
ketel0ne
 
ketel0ne's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Liftback Blazing Blue
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Charles Town, WV
Posts: 104
Last tank 412.2 miles on 9.73 gal. for 42.36mpg lots of coasting and doing the speed limit, 44psi in the tires.
__________________
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:38 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.