![]() |
|
|
|
#19 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 418
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#20 | |
|
Banned
Drives: Toyota Yaris Terra 1.0 2008 Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tekirdağ / Turkey
Posts: 51
|
Quote:
I completely agree with you, caş. The most important thing in the trafic is "respect". I think the yaris owners ery respectful
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#21 |
|
Joey
Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: El Monte, Ca
Posts: 3,530
|
Canada doesn't sound too bad actually. Come out to LA sometime and try dealing with our "great drivers". Getting around is a constant battle, and there's usually a good wreck to be seen at least twice a week because tired to pull a fast one. Seems like the bigger the vehicle, the dumber and more aggressive the driver.
The motto around here should be "Sometimes a good offense is the best defense", followed by the chant: "Gas brake honk. Gas swerve brake. Honk honk punch"
__________________
Formerly owned Met-Met. '07 Yaris LB 5-speed. A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting. "I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill |
|
|
|
|
|
#22 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: yaris 08 sedan Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal Canada
Posts: 1,286
|
A 2004 report on traffic deaths around the world,countries of note =China 107,000.
India 90,000. USA 40,000+ http://www.driveandstayalive.com/info%20section/statistics/stats-multicountry-percapita-2004.htm |
|
|
|
|
|
#23 |
|
Spool'd
Drives: 07 yaris, 16 gen coupe rspec Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 161
|
Back to the 401 topic...
I don't think going 120+ on the 401 is dangerous at all. If traffic is doing 120-130, then you should be doing the same. 10km/h over OR under traffic is a hazard on the road. My mom used to teach school bus drivers for Stock and has had her E license for about 18 years. This was one of the points she always rose for those drivers who had highways on their daily route. I even got marked down on my G test for going 100km/h on the 401. I lost 10% for this, but still passed. Traffic was going 110-115km/h on the 401 at the time and the tester said "If traffic is going 110km/h or 115km/h or 120km/h or whatever speed everyone is doing, go that speed. Otherwise you are a danger on the road everyone will be going around you to avoid and raising the possibility of a crash several times over." |
|
|
|
|
|
#24 | |
|
Spool'd
Drives: 07 yaris, 16 gen coupe rspec Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 161
|
Quote:
I'm sorry but I think YOU'RE completely wrong. I'd rather listen to my mother and the licensed Ontario road tester I had. They both obviously know how to drive much better than you. All you seem to be doing is saying I'm wrong, and you're questioning my mental stability? How does it make sense then, that countries like Germany have much higher speed limits (sometimes none) and yet they have less driving deaths per capita than Canada? I think you're the one who's immature. If I want to go 240km/h on the 401, you can't do a darn thing to stop me, bottom line. You can have fun going 100km/h on the 401, and I'll have fun passing you. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#25 |
|
daily driver
|
youre both wrong. and youre both right.
i think you both need to be considerate of the way other ppl drive al, you seem an impatient youth w/ 300whp voodoo, you seem like a geezer w/ time to kill and a 100bhp car. you two will never see eye to eye if everyone did the same speed we'd be fine. and/or if most people knew (and DID) keep left when there are fast ppl coming we'll also be fine (voodoo, i know you stay left...)
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#26 |
|
Spool'd
Drives: 07 yaris, 16 gen coupe rspec Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 161
|
Haha, you're a good voice of reason. I know it sounds like I'm an impatient youth, but I'm not a youth and usually am not impatient. Truth be told, I usually make everyone mad around me cause when I'm on normal city surface streets I go the limit all the time. No point in even going 10 over, will just get stopped by something anyway. But if I'm cruising on the middle lane of the 401 at 120km/h with traffic, and some idiot is going 90-100km/h in the middle with a clear right lane, and all of us in the middle have to go to the left where traffic is 130-140km/h, it gets me aggravated. That one person is risking everyone's safety.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#27 | |
![]() ![]() |
Quote:
__________________
2007 Silver Streak Mica Yaris S Sedan 5 Speed dojo TSUKAMI Shift Nob Brake Light Pulser Daytime Running Lights http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#28 | ||
|
daily driver
|
Quote:
problem is, no one wants to be in the left lane because of the traffic coming on the on ramps (imo the worst is the qew from the hammer to niagara falls...i used to do 115 in the slow lane and pass everyone) Quote:
maybe im projecting then....i know when i had my xrs id be dropping 6-3 on the highway if i thought someone looked at me funny....nothing could beat some broooBRAAAA in ppl's open windows in the summer - - god i loved that short ram!
__________________
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#29 |
|
Spool'd
Drives: 07 yaris, 16 gen coupe rspec Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 161
|
I just just give a quick hit on the gas to blow my valve off in people's windows :P. Suddenly lose all interest in trying to get me to race. For a full bypass, this valve is pretty loud. This summer I really want the hybrid valve, though. Lower boost it runs recirc to keep the idle and shifting stable, but higher boost it will vent to air. I'm hitting 23psi now and holding 20psi to redline, so it should be pretty loud.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#30 |
|
Spool'd
Drives: 07 yaris, 16 gen coupe rspec Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 161
|
Haha, I'm not insecure about anything just because I like the sound of my BPV. It's usually only people with rusted out civics or sunfires that really ever try and egg me on. I never race anyone anyway.
I'd really like to see some supras on the road, I really would. They are amazing cars. I have only ever seen a few here in Toronto, and every time I've been in Quebec I have never seen one. There are a lot of Porsche Boxters it seems always on the 20 between MTL and QC, but frankly, that wouldn't even be a challenge for my car. Especially in a straight line. |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| bad driving, dumb drivers, stupid drivers, stupid driving |
|
|