![]() |
|
|
|
#1 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 129
|
Stereo Install
Howdy.. I have read a few posts and I thought there was a picture of the back of a stock Yaris stereo which I can't find.
I plan on installing a Pioneer DEH-P4800MP deck. I have ordered a dash install kit along with a wire harness. I need a little help from those of you who have already replaced your radio. What else will I need? I ask so I am prepared to keep the trips to radio shack down to a minimum while installing and I really don't want to tear the car apart to look and put it back together again while I gather my components. Do I need an adapter for the antenna on the car to the new radio? I don't believe that the wire harness comes with an adapter for the aux connection. The replacement radio has provisions for an aux input. Actually two, one is a 1/8" stereo plug and the other are RCA inputs. What would I need for this? I am happy with the stock radio but I want to free up one of the bays for some other stuff. Is there a market for the stock radio? Thanks for the help and advice. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Photos: http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...p?t=556&page=2
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 129
|
Thanks Guys (or Gals)... I have everything on order but it is not here yet. I don't want to mess with the factory wiring. I did purchase a wiring harness to connect to the wiring harness that comes with the deck to the harness on the car. I was a bit concerned as to the aux input. I have a stand alone XM receiver that I currently have connected to the aux jack in the center console. It is the other end that connects to the radio I am thinking about. In the pics from the link you posted (thanks), I see a plug that goes into the radio that has only four wires, two green and two red... Are these the connections for the aux input? The greens look like they are going to the same terminal and the two reds are separate. The wiring diagram for the car shows that the aux connection should be shielded... They don't look shielded in the pic.
Once I have it apart, I can ring out the connections and figure it out. Like I said, I want to be prepared to complete the task without having to run for parts and supplies during the install. Thanks for all the help.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 Yaris S Join Date: May 2006
Location: Milwaukee WI
Posts: 582
|
to keep your factory aux plug you will need to make a custom adaptor from the four wires you mentiond, to either of your inputs on your new deck.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Anyone know where to get center stereo console piece to install head unit? | ebowers83 | Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior) | 7 | 07-15-2011 12:13 PM |
| Stereo Upgrades....what to do!? | gravylegs | In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) | 39 | 02-28-2010 12:58 PM |
| HOLEY COW 674.75 to install TRD lowering springs | dbaxter | Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack | 11 | 08-09-2006 12:40 PM |
| aftermarket stereo kit? | xCookiE | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 4 | 02-16-2006 10:33 PM |