![]() |
|
|
|
#37 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Yaris 07 Auto CE -Blazin Blue Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 223
|
I would go with 17's
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Yaris 07 Auto CE -Blazin Blue Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 223
|
ya changed my mind - I'm getting 16's then maybe lower it after
|
|
|
|
|
|
#39 |
![]() ![]() Drives: BBM Yaris HB Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 71
|
^ that's my exact same setup. 16", lowered. feel free to pop by sometime and have a closer look in person, seems like we're in the same neighbourhood :)
|
|
|
|
|
|
#40 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Yaris 07 Auto CE -Blazin Blue Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 223
|
^^ - dope!! - yah man I should check it out - you didn't come to the echo meet couple months ago? where in van you at - looks like you have the same color too LOL - Auto or Manutal? RS? LE? CE?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#41 | |
|
Mr. 155 and climbing
Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In The Hotbox
Posts: 4,742
|
Quote:
__________________
Team Tiamat Racing on Facebook Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#42 | |
![]() ![]() Drives: BBM Yaris HB Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 71
|
Quote:
i have a 5 dr blazing blue auto, basic LE trim. im out of town til wednesday, but shoot me a pm and we can meet up. i LOVE the lowering springs and fatter tires, both for looks and for the increased handling capacity. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#43 | |
|
spase peepole
Drives: BLAZING BLUE Liftback 5 Speed Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 119
|
Quote:
![]() nice! these'll look sweet on blazing blue as well
__________________
we am spase peepole |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#44 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
?
Ok, well my few questions.
Why hasn't anyone bought the 18 TRD's? Don't complain about the $1999~ pricetag. Just the reasons. Also, doesn't it have to be 4 bolts, not five, as the picture of those greyish rims? My last question, most important to me, since I have had my 07 Yaris Sedan, Pacific Blue for months now. What color rims should I get and what size, cause these 15inch steels are getting to me now, since summer is here. Thanks!!! |
|
|
|
|
|
#45 | |
![]() Drives: 91 cb7 Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 37
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#46 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Silver Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ottawa Ontario Canada
Posts: 80
|
on the blue I would get Gunmetal or charcoal.....looks sweeeet on the blue
|
|
|
|
|
|
#47 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
Alright, I was also told the same by a few others at my job. Alright, can any of you recommend any tire sizes, and rim sizes aswell please? Thanks, again! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#48 | |
|
spase peepole
Drives: BLAZING BLUE Liftback 5 Speed Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 119
|
Quote:
these woud look schweet
__________________
we am spase peepole |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#49 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 Yaris RS HB Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Crazyville, Canada
Posts: 48
|
I went with the 17" Motegi and 205/40ZR 17 rubber...Still stock ride height.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#50 |
![]() |
I have 16 go see my garage
|
|
|
|
|
|
#51 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: Yaris Sedan Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MayaWest, Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,574
|
Quote:
take a look and let me know what you think![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() I ride 18s because bigger looks better But i'am planning on getting some 16s to go on some trackdays evets
__________________
I Drive a 129whp Yaris ;) |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#52 |
|
vroom vroom
Drives: lil red 5-door Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 7,744
|
18" here too... Maybe they're a bit harder to get moving than the stock wheels, I can't really be sure, the stock ones didn't last long
![]() But for style, you can't beat that. And like YarisPR said, it's not a bad idea to have a second set of small, lighter wheels if you plan to go to a track sometime. You'll get better performance and won't need to pay quite as much for new tires
__________________
The price of freedom of religion, or of speech, or of the press, is that we must put up with a good deal of rubbish. - Robert Jackson ![]() Bye bye 1NZ... |
|
|
|
|
|
#53 |
![]() |
I think 17s or 18s look good on the yaris because the body of the car is tall. It compliments the height of the car and it doesn't look too top heavy when you put smaller rims. But smaller rims are the best bet for this economical car. So you gotta ask yourself do you like show or go?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#54 |
![]() ![]() ![]() |
I think the 17s look the business on the Yaris and if you get a good quality wheel, you wont have to worry about the bad streets of Toronto or the weight. I live in San Francisco and the streets are tore up. However, I have no worries about a bent wheel because I know I bought quality. That old saying: you get what you pay for, it's true. For a good set of 17s, you should pay at least $1500 US, just for the wheels. And spending more doesn't mean you're not going to bend a wheel if you hit a huge bump and your absorbers bottom. You still need to excercise caution, slow down for bumps. Of course slowing down isn't always an option and that's why you want a quality wheel. If you have to buy cheap wheels, it's a good idea to get something that looks a little more robust. Dont get some sparce looking spider-web string-cheese wheels. Get something with some beefy spokes that look like they structurally reinforce the wheel, because they probably do. There's so much cheap crap out there that looks good, it's tempting. Anyway, get the 17s.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|