Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2006, 04:05 AM   #1
Hyde

Drives: M3,CayenneS,SL500,550i,GT3RS
Test drove 2007 Nissan Versa

my friend at Nissan told me the new versa just arrived, so i went in and took it for a test drive.

first off, the car is huge, its about as big as a Mazda 3, but shorter. build quality is just ok, a bit worst then the Yaris, and cant compare with the Fit. it have all the standard stuff like a/c, power windows etc quality of plastic is really low, the center console was just really poor plastic, and the storage space wernt very convinient especially when compare to Yaris. the JDM Tiida had a much higher quality interior. but design is pretty much the same, dont know why the USDM car's interior sucked so much. The seat didnt fold flat was really disappointing, and the cover over the sparetire was just a freaking piece of cardboard(same with the Fit). it made the Yaris's hatch looks 10 times more expensive and seems more like its from an european car then Japanese.

one of the most suprising part is that it comes with a 6MT instead of 5MT, which is great, the gear throws where kinda long, but slick, better then the Yaris. however, the engine feels good, but very unresponsive, its like its unwilling to even rev match, car also felt heavy around corners.

the best part about the car is probably the price. if you were into a family car with all the basic feature, i'd suggest the Versa. a full load model with rockford forsgate 7 speaker audio system and even Bluetooth is a few hundred cheaper then the full load Yaris RS. its definatly gonna steal some Mazda 3 and Civic buyers.

but if you were looking for a fun sporty compact, the yaris and fit is still a much better choice.
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote