Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2008, 03:52 PM   #11
BailOut
Steals terrorist's lunch
 
BailOut's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Reno, Nevada, USA
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey159 View Post
If you're calling me a liar, I'll give you the short log I have. I'm not as anal about keeping logs as you are I'm sure. I can tell you that only the exact same trips were performed in my before and after trips, if I had to deviate, I took my truck. The comparisons consisted of 200 miles each, with a 60-40 combination of highway and city driving respectively. Temps were anywhere between 60 and 75 degrees.
You're not a liar, you're just presenting results from completely inadequate testing as solid data. This is what got you into trouble the first time and why my heart sank the second that I saw your new post on a stickied thread.

In order for MPG results to be trusted we will need to see at least 3 full tanks of similar driving conditions both before and after a CAI installation, and it is prudent to also include 3 more after taking the CAI back out if time permits. Including standard MPG tracking data such as distance driven, amount of fuel filled, average daily temperatures (not guessed at but culled from weather services), etc. are also needed in order to gain a more clear picture of the testing.

Please perform this testing before continuing any further with your presentation.
__________________
- Brian

Share the Road


I often carry 2 carpool passengers and mountain bikes
or snowboards/skis over a 4,500 foot elevation difference.
Click the graphic above to see my detailed mileage logs.
BailOut is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 7 09-20-2023 07:50 AM
2007 Yaris Pricing Info ! YarisBueller New YARIS Purchase Forum 104 06-24-2009 04:54 PM
Fuel Level Gauge Stuck ? - 2007 Yaris Sedan kaboom New YARIS Purchase Forum 9 05-15-2007 02:58 AM
Fuel consumption US Yaris vs. Canadian Yaris Driver Performance Modifications 8 10-29-2006 02:27 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:38 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.