Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2009, 07:48 AM   #1
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

Drives: 2010 Corolla S
Newbie wants to know what to expect

Hi, Peeps. I hope to be joining the ranks of the Yaris owners in about three hours. I have my eye on a brand new 2009 Flint Mica Yaris sedan with the auto tranny.

I am expecting to get at least 38 MPG with my normal driving mix. Let me describe what driving conditions my typical tank of gas will see, and, if you would be kind enough to respond, please tell me what you think I should get for MPG.

I do virtually NO stop and go city driving. When I am in towns, they are small towns, and the traffic moves along nicely most of the time. Probably 80% to 90% of the miles on a typical tank of gas are on rural two lane roads as I travel to and from work. There are a few hills, and I encounter three stop signs along the way. I drive about 60 MPH.

When I am in town, I try to coast up to red lights in hopes that I will not have to come to a complete stop. If I do get caught by a light, I take off in a normal way, not like a jack rabbit.

I would categorize my driving style as "semi" fuel conscious. I'm far from a hypermiler, but I am not a hot rodder either.

Brainless Twit in the New Purchase Forum told me that she has gotten 42 MPG on her last two tanks of gas. She has a longer commute than I do, but the conditions are similar. I would be VERY happy with 42 MPG.

Also, you guys who are so "into" gas mileage, do you find a difference in MPG that seems to be related to the brand of gas that you buy?

Thanks.

Tom
YarisOwnersDad is offline   Reply With Quote