Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
2009Toyotoad

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3dr
New to Yaris and new to the forums

Bought my 2009 Yaris last Saturday, but I'm been lurking and searching the Yaris World forims for about a week longer.
I was hoping to supercharge my 3 dr Liftback in the next 6 months but sadly Biltz S/C is offroad use only and won't be applying for a CARB exemption at this point in time.
This changes my plans unless someone knows of a CARB approved S/C kit for the 2009 M\T version.

However, I was wondering if anyone knew the weight difference between the stock 15" steel wheel/tire/wheelcover combination versus the TRD 18" alloy wheel/tire combination. I'm curious as to the rolling mass compromise or penalty between the two. While I'm sure there are some ultra light weight Alloy wheels out there for the Yaris, I'd like to find out the weight differences between TRD and stock before I research other possibilities.

Apologies in advance in I missed a forum post covering this issue while searching last week.

thanks.
2009Toyotoad is offline   Reply With Quote