Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2009, 11:31 PM   #10
Lafiro
 
Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 694
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
Thats true. But I don't feel the car drag, and I only followed the DIY, so yell at the person who wrote it/those who followed it, not just me! lol

Other then that, the car stops and performs awesome now.

I will be sure not to adjust it that much when I change the drum shoes within the next few weeks.

I did test the car after only adjusting 1 side, and it took 3-4clicks, and it stopped ok, but after I did the other side, it became 1 click to stop the car, and very smooth stopping.... Actually, I have to let go of the brakes at the end else it stops a bit rough/too fast at the very end I guess cause the drums are catching way too much.

But whatever. I don't care only because those shoes have to go soon anyway.

And as for self adjusting, I have always heard that these drums never really self adjust because they always get way too loose. And thats why they always have to be adjusted every time the wheels are rotated. Or atleast when you go to the dealership and pay them $$$ to do services every 5000 miles.

I rather do this myself, and for that matter, I will never again buy a car with drums. Waste of my time to adjust these things.
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Noise from suspension... Lafiro General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 12 05-10-2010 11:26 PM
strange noise nisyota DIY / Maintenance / Service 7 03-05-2009 08:39 PM
Radio noise.. need help TinyGiant In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 13 12-06-2008 04:21 PM
Air Conditioner Noise Cathy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 16 05-08-2007 02:08 AM
2007 LB Auto-Trans NOISE in Reverse Pavel Olavich General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 4 03-22-2007 07:42 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:23 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.