Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2009, 12:20 AM   #16
firemachine69
School'er of hard knocks

Drives: Silver Yaris 4dr. HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
Personal use? You mean like the WallyWorld lot full of these pigs, as Mommie goes in to buy the latest pile of Chinese-made junk? Ah, yes, THAT personal use, I saw that the other day...

My hope is that regs like that force this Continent into EVs of some type, hopefully putting an end to the bizarre traffic systems now in place. Every time they show a gridlock on an 8-lane highway (remember that the 8-lane was supposed to cure the gridlock on the previous 4-lane), with heatwaves radiating off the bumper-to-bumper traffic, I think, "something MUST be done, and soon..."

If they actually cared about the traffic flow, they'd remove the half of the drivers that can't properly merge/pass/overtake/give right-of-way.

I was on the Don Valley Parkway from downtown Toronto to Markham a few nights ago... Traffic was rather light... Yet we STILL dropped to lower than 40mph at EVERY on-ramp for the ONE or TWO cars merging onto the highway. Keep in mind, the narrowest portion has THREE lanes.

The goverment, of course, will never remove these pathetic drivers because they'd be:

A) taking away tax dollars

and

B) throwing away votes.