Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2009, 10:59 PM   #27
daf62757
Nothing beats a Toyota!

Drives: 2013 Yaris 5 dr liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dog View Post
Since this thread has pretty much died I figured that on would I bring it back to life it and respond to the dismissive comments of Gene W.
1) Human caused planetary change is documented: Have you never seen a copper mine or a mountain with its top blown off to access coal or ever heard or seen pictures ofof the Pacific gere. Pretending these things do not exist is nothing but wishful rationization to allow those who can not deal with the fact that fossil fuel culturecauses harm to this planet to remain in their comfort zone. While there is global warming can still has room to be questioned by a reasonable person, the fact that ice caps that have been in exixtence for hundreds of thousands of are melting at the same time as our little industrial revolution is a quantifiable, and documented.
2. We are the monkey that pisses poison. We are the only species that creates inorganic waste that is toxic and does not degrade naturally.
3. In its most forgiving definition, pollution is the release of toxic substances which are destructive to lifeforms. To deny the existence of pollution is not just rationalization it is in fact denial to the point of is complete self delusion.
The fact that individuals, political parties, and corporate manipulate the perception of events does not mean that the events do not occur. Pretending that events that have documentation from mulitple sources that do not have no apparent motivation to manipulate their perception is not just scepticism. It is irrational self vindication.
"Dirty" Bob Dog
Gas $2.69 a gallon and rising south central VA 6/11/09

What about volcano eruptions? They cause more damage to the air than man.

Synthetic Oil....its in my car.....for at least 10,000 miles!

daf62757 is offline   Reply With Quote