![]() |
|
|
|
#32 |
![]() Drives: Electric Yaris 05 Silverado,01 Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Portland Oregon
Posts: 21
|
Astroman sorry missed Lucky Lab
Hey Astroman thanks for the heads up on your swaray at the Luck Lab. Sorry I missed it I was out of town and found out about it to late.
Well the E Yaris has a gear box leak. Trans fluid is bleeding out of it at a fairly good clip. Not very environmentally sound. The gear box never shift it is one speed. ET phone home... EV go home... It is being shipped back to NC. From Oregon that is a long way. It is warranty work so I don't have to pay for it. It will go a 100 miles at 55 and then needs charging. Since it is going back to where it was built I am inquiring about more batteries that would give it closer to a 200 mile range. 100 mile range is pretty good until I want to go dirt bike riding or snow skiing. Really a 100 mile range will cover about 90% of my driving if planned right. There aren't many places to plug in unless you know some one when you arrive like say at the coast. This is what happens when your on the bleeding edge of technology. It has had other issues. The techs have flown out from North Carolina three times but this repair is to big for them to under take in my garage. They must remove the gear box and motor and put some gaskets in the gear box. The little EYaris has 6,700 miles on it since I brought it back from NC in mid January. They wanted to know where the trans fluid was coming from so I put it up on jack stands and made a video using my motorcycle helmet cam. The leak is coming out a hole where the motor mounts up to the gear box. The motor is to the left of where it is leaking. Thread below.
|
|
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW | VitzBoy | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 7 | 09-20-2023 07:50 AM |
| yaris mirrors from manual to electric | antwire | DIY / Maintenance / Service | 27 | 01-28-2021 11:01 AM |
| News : 2007 Toyota Yaris - the little Euro's official arrival | VitzBoy | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 9 | 06-06-2017 12:51 AM |
| New Yaris look? | carnage08 | Australia | 7 | 10-19-2008 01:06 PM |