Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2009, 01:18 AM   #1
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
Unhappy Well, I went and did something stupid, and wrecked my Yaris

I was on my way to work and started goofing off, and took an S curve really fast... It's usually an empty road but right as I was leaving the second bend, there was a cop coming the other way. When I saw the cop (not when he turned on his lights like I wrote before), it spooked me, and I lost control of the car. I fish-tailed a couple of times, then veered off the road, over a curb and into(through) a no parking sign. I got 3 tickets and almost went to jail. He wrote me up for "reckless driving", "left of center", and doing 73mph in a 30mph zone. I was very worried I was going to jail. He had the cuffs on me and in the back of the car. I was praying to God that if he keeps me out of jail, I'll never do that on public streets again. People from my work kept stopping to find out if I was ok. Miraculously, the cop let me go, but I have a court date the beginning of August. The insurance company said it was about $6,200 worth of damage and I will owe them the $500 deductible when the car is fixed(around the 21st). Basically, I can't believe how stupid I was. You can flame me all you want, it can't be worse then the ass kicking I'm already giving myself... I took these pictures at the tow lot with my crappy cell phone camera before the insurance company towed it to a body shop. Just a warning to everyone out there, to keep it on the track,or you might end up like me, or worse...
Attached Images

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

Last edited by CtrlAltDefeat; 07-09-2009 at 02:44 AM. Reason: clarification of why the accident happened
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote