Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince87
I soldered every connections real bad and there's still nothing happening... If my understanding is good all I have to do is get to >40 mph (~60km/h on my canadian car), press the on/off button (with black and red wires) and then press on set, is that it !? If it's a ground problem, can I use a ground wire somewhere to make sure that it's not my connection to the chassis that is bad!? thanks for you help !
|
That is correct (it's actually >25 mph). Just to clarify, the on/off switch is the one before the resistor and the set switch is the one after the resistor.
By the way, I believe that you are the first Canadian trying this.
For a ground, The bolt that you posted the picture of is a great ground point. You can strip about an inch of insulation off of the wire, wrap the wire around the bolt (under the washer) and crank the bolt back down.