Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2009, 04:56 PM   #22
talnlnky
Audio Junky
 
talnlnky's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 liftback
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Spokane, Wa
Posts: 1,412
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
2 floor townhouse - 1000sq feet, electric bill varies from $27-$40. We've lived here for 16months, last month at $40 was the highest we've ever paid. I think its because we got busy and used the dish washer a lot instead of washing by hand.

Every light is CFL (some full spectrum/happy lights).
in the summer we ran the A/C for a grand total of about 10 hrs. and in the winter we'll hardly have to use the heater. THANK YOU 40F weather.... so much better than the sub 30's (-10F to 30F) I grew up with. If only there was half as much rain in the winter, and twice as much in the summer... then this place would be almost perfect (from a climate perspective).


When I buy/make a house in the future... I plan on having the water heater be 100% solar powered. From what i've read, the water heater alone will save you a lot on the elec bill. I also would want to having a "living roof" so as to better moderate temps in both winter and summer.
__________________
talnlnky is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.