Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #1
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Carelessness of some TOYO mechanics ;

Decided to take a look at the air filter and try to find any oil leaks before changing the oil after the recent head gasket replacement of the '08 sedan . When we got the car back about 2 weeks ago I checked the dipstick on the next day and found that it read over a 1/4 of an inch above the FULL mark . Would think that to be a 1/2 quart overfull . Then kept an eye out for any oil leaks from the new F.I.P.G. sealant and nothing as of yet . Then earlier today I put the car on ramps to get a better look for any leaks and discovered the oil filter they had installed had oil on the bottom of it and that it was not tightened properly as where I could easily unscrew the filter . Then checked the air filter that was installed in APRIL and found it to be filthy . Looks like they set the upper part of filter ( side of throttle body ) on a dirty work bench or threw it on the grimy floor . Thus I had to find the old air filter and clean it with a vacuum cleaner and install that one in which will be replaced by a new one that we'll pick up tomorrow . Then I decided to drain the overfilled oil that may have sealants in it from the head gasket replacement and put on a new TOYO oil filter . Now reads at the FULL mark . Concerns us of what we can't see that was performed by the mechanic(s) . Here's some pics of the dirty air filter and the oily bottom of oil filter ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GEDC0551.jpg (64.5 KB, 284 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0552.jpg (81.4 KB, 280 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0560.jpg (118.0 KB, 282 views)
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote