Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2010, 05:12 AM   #1
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
Unhappy I ran over a deer carcass on the highway (mildy graphic pics)

Well on the highway home tonight, I hit a deer carcass. There was a dead deer lying right in the middle of the lane of the 65mph highway and I ran over it, most likely doing 70mph. I didn't see the damn thing until I was right on it, and between all the blood that was on it, and its color it looked like a much smaller animal, which is why I tried to straddle it, rather then swerve. Thinking back on it, swerving might have been the worse decision, as hitting it with one of my wheels might have caused more damage and for me to lose control. As it sits the damage looks like its located entirely in the frame which holds the radiator/aircon radiator/fan at the bottom. Also destroyed one of my fog lights which I just put in. I haven't had time to look at it thoroughly, as i need to clean it off first. It seems to be drivable, and tracks straight, so hopefully its fixable. My main worry is the deductible and my insurance rates, as I have super expensive rates as it is. I plan on taking it to get estimates, and if the estimate is any where near the deductible, I'm just going to get it fixed, or possibly fix it myself if I can get the parts.
Attached Images

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote