Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #1
Yaris_guy

Drives: 07 Yaris
Altenator Belt Broken After Replaced by Toyota

So on the 8th of Dec my wife took my 07 yaris into the Toyota Dealership I bought it from. There was a loud squeak coming from under the hood, I assumed it was the serpentine belt, but wanted them to check it first. I told my wife that if they say it was the serpentine belt then to come home and I will change it myself. But she went ahead and let them do it anyways, total was $135 with an oil change and after a discount. On the 10th of January the heat turned off and the battery light came on when I was coming home from the store. We left the car in the garage for the week. Today I finally looked under the hood and the alternator belt is gone. I call up the Toyota dealership and they say that it's not safe to drive it to their dealership, that I have to tow it, but they won't pay for the towing. So I'm going to have to pay $200 for towing to get a $25 belt replaced for free. I probably will end up doing it myself, but I just think it sucks that I paid them $135 to do something that I will end up redoing myself. So basically I paid $135 for an oil change and a car wash.

Any suggestions on what I should do? Will the car overheat if I drive it or will it be ok to drive it to the dealership? If I do drive it to the dealership the I mess up the car would Toyota be liable for the damages?
Yaris_guy is offline   Reply With Quote