Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #1
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
Tanabe Coilover SUSTEC PRO S-0C *Review/Tips*

I recently purchased some Tanabe Coilovers from Micro Image. Here is my review.

Stock Suspension
stock springs.jpg

Tein S-Tech Springs
Tein springs.jpg

Tanabe Coilovers
tanabe.jpg
tanabe rear view.jpg
Yaris front and 240.jpeg

The goodies:
goodies.jpeg
Installing them:
panorama.jpg

Ran into a problem with installing the fronts... ruined the top bolt in the stock strut/shock.
brokenstock.jpeg

Front setup:
fronts.jpeg

Rears:
This was the incorrect way of installing the rear. The collar just wobbles on the spring plate.
wrongwayrears.jpg
This is the correct way! :)
rightwayrears.jpeg

Super slammed on way back to my home after vacation, had over 250 extra pounds in it, scraped the WHOLE way.
superslammed.jpeg

Had a little visitor:
butterfly.jpeg

Working hard.
panorama.jpg

Halloween Photoshoot
cemetary.jpeg

My yaris and the Installer's(brother's) 240sx :)
Yaris front and 240.jpeg

Overall I would say Im happy with them. I wish they went a little lower. Im almost maxed out I have the one ring on the rear and fronts. I cut the bump stops on the fronts.
I havnt taken out the helper springs yet or taken out the adjuster ring... I only took out the lock rings.
They arnt super hard... They could be a bit stiffer as the fronts scrape on the plastic liners and edge of the wells. otherwise a super smoothe ride! Def. reccomend these if your looking for adjustability, ride comfort, and that low look!
Thanks Garm!

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote