Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2007, 10:38 PM   #11
ChinoCharles
Banned
 
Drives: LB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,787
Quote:
Wow you're right. Good eye Chino. I'm still very interested with what you come up with Chino for a lost of reasons. 1) Obviously a guy that has a passion for the same car I own 2) Sounds like you have some really knowledgable guys 3) Looking to make a really good product, not one that is necessarily the shiniest with the most HP stickers or the one the most profitable to make. Your talk of a reasonably priced intake got me looking at intakes in the first place. Thanks for the forwarning about the XLR8. Now lets get that intake done!
Trust me, nobody is as anxious as myself. I literally blew a week and a half of school and about 300 bucks in gas and parts getting that prototype done and drumming up local interest. Now I'm in the only phase of the project I have no control over and it kills me, but at the same time I can't help but feel this sense of relaxation knowing that I'm almost there and that most of my legwork is now done.

The first intake goes to Chris for testing because I trust him to give me a no-bullshit answer and because I know that if he does approve it holds massive weight here. That is the real make-or-break time for this. If he pulls it out of the box and says its shit, this fairy tale ends right there. If he rants and raves about how great it is, I expect I will have one busy summer of building intakes, and trust me when I say I'd love to do it!

I will say that I have a good feeling about it. I thoroughly enjoyed having the ugly-ass prototype in my car, and I can only assume I'll get even more enjoyment out of the finished version. I figure if I like it it only makes sense you guys will too.

The amount of day-to-day support I get from you guys is pretty remarkable. For everyone that has let me known in advance outside YW that you're interested, thank you, thank you, thank you. For everyone that has told me they're waiting Visa-in-hand to buy this thing, THANK YOU!!! You guys made it easy to move through some of the hurdles we ran into.

Honestly, I only did this because, well, its something I hadn't done before. I learned a lot about business and cars and people in the meantime, and I also learned that this whole parts building thing isn't as easy as it sounds. You need to have all this shit in house to make it easy... CNC machining, welding, powder coating, dyno, everything. I would literally sell my soul to work in a place like that, let alone own a place like that. I know nothing about cars, but I can, as they say, "sell a snowball to an eskimo." Maybe I can bullshit my way to the top one day... one day.

Anyway, now I'm just waxing poetic... I should have the first intake built within a week, and then we can all wait patiently for Chris's take on my intake.

Last edited by ChinoCharles; 03-19-2007 at 10:52 PM.
ChinoCharles is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WR Secret Weapon Intake Dyno Tested.. WRLEO Performance Modifications 70 05-17-2007 03:00 PM
WR INTAKE SYSTEM : YOU GET $100 FOR DYNO RESULTS ! WRLEO Sponsors Classifieds Area 0 02-22-2007 10:14 AM
Reviews of Weapon*R Intake system.. WRLEO Performance Modifications 6 02-20-2007 10:12 PM
intake question and suggestions Adriaan Performance Modifications 2 01-31-2007 04:54 PM
Cold Air Intake vs. Short Ram Intake nevermorez Performance Modifications 1 01-24-2007 04:25 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:02 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.