Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2012, 04:30 PM   #12
Slasher
 
Slasher's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 RED M/T 3DR
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Jawgia
Posts: 17
I test drove a Prius C... It is decked out Yaris... Features were nice, but when you start talking real numbers or price:

Straight MSRP + options... and I was only able to find a four and one's that had $1200 worth of options... In my test drive my avg mpg was under 50mpg....

one $18950
two $19900
Three $21635
four $23320

Yaris L stick there was room to deal...

$13895 with carpet mats... but first tank was over 41 mpg (real world No interstate...)

So it came down to value... so for a minimum of $6000.00 price difference I should be able to buy 1714 gallons of gas and go over 71000 miles...

Regular Prius some story except...

MSRP starts at $24000 so a difference of over $10,000...

Those # are huge!!! 2857 gal gas for 117,000 miles...

I am not knocking the Prius... It is good for what it designed for... Unfortunately once the batteries are calculated in... I think it is a wash!!!

Just either out of being more green or eco-minded or even status symbol.... I chalk it up to the Green Tax or Value added marketting..,

But in all honesty... I prefer a 3 dr stick over the Prius... The feedback is there, just wish i had the power windows and keyless entry...
Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota says don't call them Priuses -- call 'em the Prii Kal-El Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 7 02-22-2011 10:30 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.