Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #11
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnamerxx View Post
This event was also an experiment for me, I wanted to test to see how the car performs with the front sway bar disconnected. The one thing I noticed immediately was the car had way more traction off the line, this helps because I can rev the nuts off the engine and get it moving whereas before I would flow the passenger tire away. Handling wise the car is completely different you would definitely need much stiffer springs to do this since body roll increases dramatically which also causes turn in to suffer. The car also developed a pretty bad tenancy to oversteer when lifting off and applying the brakes it was easily controllable but it kept me from keeping the car on the edge of grip. The main benefit to removing the front bar was the insane amount of grip available on corner exit, I've been so used to the inside tire spinning I wasn't trusting the car was going to have grip available when I got on it but it held on each and every time.
It takes a lot of spring rate, and even more rebound in your shocks to pull that off.

If your car has the 24mm front try and locate a 23mm, helps with rotation and getting power down, but its not as big of a leap as pulling the bar.

Last edited by Jason@SportsCar; 06-13-2012 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Wrong sizes listed
Jason@SportsCar is offline   Reply With Quote