Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
Tomatogrower
The Flying Tomato

Drives: 2009 Red Yaris Hatchback
Question Automatic Locks

Hey Ya'll

So I have been baffled with this for quite some time. I have a 2009 base hatchback. I do not have keyless entry (whether it is installed or not is beyond me). When I first bought my Yaris, I would always have to manually lock/unlock my locks - not surprising for a base model haha.

One day I started my car just like I would normally, and the driver and passenger doors automatically locked when I shifted out of park (wtf?!?!). I know there are sequences of events that can program locking/unlocking with a key fob, but I don't have one. I thought that maybe I accidentally programmed the car to do this. I played around with different sequences and somehow undid the feature. After that, my doors wouldn't automatically lock for a while.

Two days ago, I ran into a similar occurrence. When I started the car, my driver's door locked (not passengers); I did not shift the Yaris out of park. Now I know the first occurrence wasn't a fluke and that there has to be a way to program lock/unlocking without a key fob.

Anybody know how? Otherwise I think my car is possessed!

Tomatogrower is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automatic lock sequence