Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2014, 02:26 PM   #1
Zombiesrock

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue
HELP!!!

Ok, so I don't have a way to know if what my car is doing is normal or not, so I was hoping some of you who have 07 HBs could help me. I have posted about my car shaking and have been doing several things to eliminate this, but now i wonder if its really even a problem. Can any of you watch how your engine looks/moves while its running??? WHen my car is in park or neutral the engine does not move, just idles quietly, but when i put it in gear (any gear) it shakes rather violently. (i have to pull ebrake obviously to check this out, or have my husband put it in gear while i look at the difference.) I dont think it can be the power brake booster because using the e-brake and not using the brakes does not eliminate this. I just got a whole fuel system cleaning done using the BG products, and the motor mount (the engine torque mount?) is fine as well. I havent checked the other two, but i didnt think they would cause a rocking problem. I have NO check engine light on and my spark plugs look fine. My air filter is clean as well. So i am at a loss as to if my car is even running wrong or not? If any of you dont mind doing this test and letting me know i would love you forever:) oh my car has 141,000 on it.
Thanks!!!!!
Zombiesrock is offline   Reply With Quote