Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2006, 11:19 PM   #20
SophieSleeps
Podiatrist
 
SophieSleeps's Avatar
 
Drives: Turbo IS300
Join Date: May 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollaZo
sup all

just letting you all know that when I first got my Yaris 1.5L i thought that if I had put expensive fuel in the car that it would benefit my car. 91 octane being cheaper than 98 which is what I put for about 3 months. After a while I started to notice that the car was being harder to drive in terms of playing with the accelerator and the clutch. After speaking to a family friend he recomended me to start using 91 octane. Instantly I noticed that the car was easier to drive, it felt as if the car was happier to drink 91 than 98. So in my opinion I would not recomend using 98 octane as the car was made to run with 91.
Yeah. that makes no sense.

Octane is a rating of how resistant the car is to detonation.
running higher octane will have no effect on the car.
The stock ECU will not continue to advance timing blindly if you put in higher octane fuel.

If it is tuned for a 91 octane, you should use no less than 91. However, any more than 91 octane will not make any difference unless you have some serious engine mods and have pushed tuning to a different threshold for knock.

It's funny to see what people say about Octane.
I always hear people talking about how their car runs better on higher octane, or how some people occasionally fill up on higher octane to clean the fuel system or whatever. I laugh silently becuase it takes too long to explain to them that they are clueless.

It's also like when people put on an intake and they say "I can definatley feel a difference. the car is much more powerful"
SophieSleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:23 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.