Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2018, 01:06 PM   #1
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Fender Bender While Parked!

UPDATE: Images fixed. The first is on the night of using flash and the second is from the following day.

Drove out to Palos Verdes Estates to visit a friend and his neighbor backed into my car while pulling out of his garage. Said he didn't see it because it's black

It definitely put a damper on our hang session, but i'm trying to be positive about it by thinking about how no one was hurt, the damage isn't terrible and at least the brain surgeon had the decency to come knock on my buddy's door and alert us of what he'd done. He has a 2017 Mazda 3 with personalized plates and was initially upset about the scuffed paint on his car, saying he wasn't going to pay for my repairs, but quickly changed his tune when we threatened to call the cops. I feel better after making the claim with the insurance co this morning because they said given that my car was parked, it's his fault. They said even if it was illegally parked, it was PARKED and he hit it. The gal said they like to get statements from their customers but that even if he claims he didn't see it because it was dark and my car is black, or because he's not used to having a car parked there, it's on him. They'll move forward with repairing my car and providing a rental either way.

Fender benders are never fun but I'm focusing on the positives, will work through the process of getting my Vader helmet fixed and put this unpleasant experience behind me.
Attached Images

On Wheelwell

Last edited by ern-diz; 09-05-2018 at 04:05 PM.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote