Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2020, 11:06 AM   #1
radu1976

Drives: 2007 yaris
RS vs LE handling question

Gentlemen ,
I had quite a few km with this marvelous car Yaris - or Yaris II in Europe -, over 350,000 km put on my 3 Yarises I had.
I have been doing deliveries for 7+ years and those cars are such amazing vehicles for such job.

My first 2 were 2006 and 2007 both 4-doors hatch RS. My last and current one is a 2009 facelifted LE 4-doors hatch too.
Well , for 2 weeks I have driven both 2007 RS and 2009 LE.
I got the LE for its much lower km and heated mirros - I am in Canada -, aux input option being an nice extra too .
Initially I didn't like the LE but in the end after a few weeks I got used to it.

I know that the RS bolster seats are amazing comparative to the flat softer LE seats ... however I CLEARLY saw a difference in handling : with RS the car feel more planted on the road , I could have taken traffic circles a bit more aggresivly and the steering was definetly tighter and a bit harder to turn - still easy to manuver but LE was definetly softer -
I know that seats are making a difference but I can swear that I feel the RS being more sport tuned BESIDES the seats difference.

Does really RS have a tighter / sportier / slightly more rigid suspension than the LE / CE regular trims ?
Besides the leather wrapped steering wheel, shifter know, fogs, back seats MP3 player etc ?

At that time I didn't check but is it possible to the RS to have a TRD rear sway bar as LE for sure doesn't have it ?
I was looking to ad such bar for improved handling but maybe I should just wait for another RS with low mileage after I put more km on my current LE.
I definetely like the RS handling and seats so much more than the LE soft steering and suspension.

I had at a point a 2005 manual 5-speed Camry SE.
For 2002 - 2006 CAMRY , I know for sure that the SE version was sportier and had stiffer suspension and springs than the common LE CAMRY.
I question if it was the same for YARIS ....
radu1976 is offline   Reply With Quote