Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2007, 02:59 PM   #1
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
Blitz NuR Spec Exhaust Review (07 Liftback)

Got in the exhaust today at work. I've got finals at 5:45 and then I'm off to my friend's house to put the exhaust on. I gotta admit that the promotion pictures are misleading. I expected a one-piece canister/tip like you see on most cars, but ours is designed similar to the Fujitsubo. The "installation kit" also only included two nuts and an O-Ring for the mounting point. I guess you don't need much for an axle-back. Anyway, here are some pics to entertain you until I get it on and get a video/sound clip.

The whole thing...

My arm in the exhaust tip...

Rear View

Quarter View

Close Up

The Burn (BUY NEW HANGERS BEFORE INSTALLING)

Initial results are in after an install, outside hearing, inside hearing with both windows up and down, and a highway acceleration test.

Install
Takes about 10mins. If the install takes you more than 15-20mins, you're retarded. The exhaust fitment is good, but you will need longer hangers. Go ahead and buy these in advance. Right now, my muffler tip sits on the bottom of my rear bumper and has smoldered the bottom of it thru the paint. That's about it for the install. Very simple.

Sound
VERY QUIET. I was very surprised. During idle, the car is almost stock aside from a slight pulsing sound. Sounds kinda cool, but not loud at all. During regular cruising speeds, the exhaust is mellow and deep, but not loud in any sense. The tone is louder during a good downrev than it is when accelerating. Upon hard acceleration, the tone last a few seconds but then the Fujita intake drowns it out. Sounds about the same outside the car as well. I had a buddy do a driveby, and the car doesn't really have an exhaust tone, just a loud growl from the intake.

Last edited by Ran Kizama; 05-09-2007 at 07:54 AM.
Ran Kizama is offline   Reply With Quote