Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2021, 05:41 PM   #36
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Fuel system - EVAP delete

This was much simpler than I thought it would be. It did involve dropping the fuel tank to get the first hose out and the (unnecessary) removal of the filler neck. No pictures, it's just undoing a few bolts and hose clamps. The hard line that goes to the purge valve in the engine bay had to be cut in order to get it out from the firewall area because it was tangled up with the brake and fuel lines.

To close off the hose barbs, I got some 3/4" and 9mm silicone caps from McMaster. They came in packs of 5 and 10 respectively so I've got extras. Silicone should be immune to deterioration from the gas vapors and won't dry rot--looking at you, rubber. I've ordered some pinch clamps for the tank vent since it's going to be relatively inaccessible and I don't want to worry about it coming loose.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Evap-b-gone.jpg (268.0 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg Evap hose plug.jpg (288.4 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg Purge to manifold cap.jpg (302.2 KB, 88 views)
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote