Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2007, 01:35 PM   #1
naossoan

Drives: 07 Yaris 3DR
Stock Head Unit + watts

Hey everyone. I want to get some new speakers and possibly a sub depending on what speakers I get.

I'm just wondering what the wattage output is on the stock head unit.

I'm assuming it's pretty low per channel..like 60 watts but I'm just guessing.

I wanna get some new speakers and most say that optimal wattage is 150+ watts so I don't think the stock unit will provide enough power.

Is it possible to keep the stock head unit and just get an Amp + speakers because I'd rather not buy a deck too, the stock one looks fine.

When it comes to car audio I'm a total newb though I'm planning on doing the install myself you can't learn anything unless you try it yourself. so.
naossoan is offline   Reply With Quote