Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 03:44 AM   #1
03Z33
 
03Z33's Avatar
 
Drives: TCR10
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,132
Bambo was a hit everywhere we went that day :)

Post up the pics from lunch and the cruise too if you can? ;)
03Z33 is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 07:16 AM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom
 
eTiMaGo's Avatar
 
Drives: lil red 5-door
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 7,744
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
you're lucky the sushi chef didn't grab him when you were turned away and make pandamaki...
__________________
The price of freedom of religion, or of speech, or of the press, is that we must put up with a good deal of rubbish.
- Robert Jackson


Bye bye 1NZ...

Last edited by eTiMaGo; 06-05-2009 at 09:37 AM.
eTiMaGo is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 09:15 AM   #3
cali yaris
ULTIMATE
 
cali yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
Post up the pics from lunch and the cruise too if you can? ;)
That's next, under our cruise thread. Waiting for confirmation from Treyz that he's next?
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 11:03 AM   #4
Treyz
~ ambient one ~
 
Treyz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Bayou Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Page 1
23. cali yaris (Woodland Hills, CA)
24. Treyz (Long Island, NY)
Yup .. I'm surpised you haven't saved my addy lol.
__________________
AMBIENTLIFESTYLE
Tri-State Sport Compact EZine

ambientlifestyle.com------------ambientlifestyle.ning.com

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
microimageonline.com------------microimage.ning.com
Treyz is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 02:44 PM   #5
cali yaris
ULTIMATE
 
cali yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Being sent today. Still pissed off at Mad Dog, but I'll get over it.
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 06:49 PM   #6
*MAD DOG*
 
*MAD DOG*'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 6,412
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Being sent today. Still pissed off at Mad Dog, but I'll get over it.
__________________


"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline  
Old 06-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #7
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!
 
SIPNGAS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Polar White LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 5,164
Send a message via MSN to SIPNGAS Send a message via Yahoo to SIPNGAS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Being sent today. Still pissed off at Mad Dog, but I'll get over it.
There weren't any pictures of you with Bambo.
__________________
We don't see things as THEY are...we see them as WE are.

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
SIPNGAS is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #8
cali yaris
ULTIMATE
 
cali yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ whatever.
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #9
Treyz
~ ambient one ~
 
Treyz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Bayou Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,046
Did I miss something?

And thanks Garm for the tracking number ... looking foward to his arrival.
__________________
AMBIENTLIFESTYLE
Tri-State Sport Compact EZine

ambientlifestyle.com------------ambientlifestyle.ning.com

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
microimageonline.com------------microimage.ning.com
Treyz is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 11:37 PM   #10
*MAD DOG*
 
*MAD DOG*'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 6,412
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
Garm,

We've all enjoyed your pics. It's time for pictures with bambo and the snake and time to send Bambo on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
^ Just for that, I'm keeping him for a while. Great attitude, man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Being sent today. Still pissed off at Mad Dog, but I'll get over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
^ whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyz View Post
Did I miss something?

And thanks Garm for the tracking number ... looking foward to his arrival.
Treyz, you didn't miss anything but cali being a sook cause I asked him to send Bambo on, to you, the next person on the list. The list is very long and people want Bambo.

I seriously enjoyed the pictures and effort Garm wen't into with Bambo. I dunno if he thinks i was being sarcastic with my first post, but I can clear that up right now, i was not being sarcastic.

I'm not sure what his "exact" problem is, but if anyone should be annoyed at anyone it should be me at Garm who said he was coming to the meet and greet while I was over in Jan 09 and then didn't turn up. Hey waldo.

P.s. This is meant to be a friendly thread, i'm only telling how it is as Treyz asked. There is no need to harp on about this. If anyone wants to pm me if there is an issue, i'm up for it.
__________________


"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline  
Old 06-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #11
cali yaris
ULTIMATE
 
cali yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
If it's meant to be a friendly thread, why include this:

Quote:
I'm not sure what his "exact" problem is, but if anyone should be annoyed at anyone it should be me at Garm who said he was coming to the meet and greet while I was over in Jan 09 and then didn't turn up. Hey waldo.
That's not friendly OR relevant, in my opinion. It's actually pretty mean-spirited.

The fact of the matter is, people have had Bambo a lot longer than me, gone missing in action even, and you said nothing. I have him 12 days, posting all along and you have to curtly tell me to send him on.

Actually, my wife and I "did" Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood last night. I wanted to take Bambo as a last outing. I didn't, since Mad Dog told me to get on with it. I don't think I should have to make a case for keeping him a few days longer, but for those coming up, if you're keeping him longer than a week, you probably should explain why.

I won't post any more about it.
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline  
Old 06-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #12
silver_echo
ekodrvr
 
silver_echo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 white subaru impreza wrx
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlnblkdrs View Post
rules have been 2 weeks, i kept him longer cuz i was supposed to have him before xmas.. but yea...2-3 weeks is the norm
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
Originally it was 2 weeks maximum per user. But i see no problem having the little guy for 2-3 weeks as long as you post enough photo's of him. But having him for more than 3 weeks is too much as there are heaps of users waiting to have him visit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
If it's meant to be a friendly thread, why include this:



That's not friendly OR relevant, in my opinion. It's actually pretty mean-spirited.

The fact of the matter is, people have had Bambo a lot longer than me, gone missing in action even, and you said nothing. I have him 12 days, posting all along and you have to curtly tell me to send him on.

Actually, my wife and I "did" Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood last night. I wanted to take Bambo as a last outing. I didn't, since Mad Dog told me to get on with it. I don't think I should have to make a case for keeping him a few days longer, but for those coming up, if you're keeping him longer than a week, you probably should explain why.

I won't post any more about it.


well i am gonna argue the one week thing... the most recent information that i can find about time with bambo is approx 2 - 3 weeks, so that is my argument...

now i will state that i was giving garm a hard time about days with no pics, but that was where i left it... i understand that you may have had some stuff coming up that would have been cool, and i think that *most* of us would have understood if there were some good pics...

__________________
if you want to see my plans for this car, check out here...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3154316


i like this smiley...
silver_echo is offline  
Old 06-06-2009, 09:51 PM   #13
*MAD DOG*
 
*MAD DOG*'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 6,412
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
...The fact of the matter is, people have had Bambo a lot longer than me, gone missing in action even, and you said nothing....
Garm,

With all due respect, you have no idea what i've done behind the scenes to keep this little guy moving, I have sent pm after pm after pm to keep this guy moving.


Also, if you'd bothered to read my posts in this thread you would not have typed the dribble you have.

Taken from this thread......

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
He's already been a hostage long enough in Thailand........... Need more photos of him out and about Thomas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
Thomas, you sent Bambo on yet? His Thai visa must be finished, what do they do to illegals over there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
What do we want? NEW PICTURES OF BAMBO!
When do want them? NOW!

Thomas if you are too busy just send him on his way. There's plenty for Bambo to do.
So don't you dare say that i've "said nothing" when in fact you have no idea what i've said, even when it's in front of your own eyes. I've put a lot of work and my own time in to keep this thread moving. The people have spoken, obviously i'm not doing a good job, so I stand down from running this thread.

***************
IMPORTANT UPDATE
***************

The original creator of the Bambo concept was a YarisWorld member by the name of NemesisZ. NemesisZ became unreachable after the hack so I volunteered to take over running this thread as I Bambo at the time of the hack. For reasons I'm not going to go into I'm standing down from running the "Bambo the Yarisworld Traveler" Thread and call on NemesisZ to come back and run his own thread.
__________________


"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline  
Old 06-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #14
cali yaris
ULTIMATE
 
cali yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
It's Mad Dog's thread, maybe he can clarify what the expectation should be.

I really don't understand how he could post this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG*
Originally it was 2 weeks maximum per user. But i see no problem having the little guy for 2-3 weeks as long as you post enough photo's of him. But having him for more than 3 weeks is too much as there are heaps of users waiting to have him visit.
then tell me to get on with it after 12 days.
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline  
Old 06-06-2009, 07:07 PM   #15
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!
 
SIPNGAS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Polar White LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 5,164
Send a message via MSN to SIPNGAS Send a message via Yahoo to SIPNGAS
Well, I appreciate all the pictures from you and everyone else. This is silly....people are busy...we should be thankful the ball was dropped only once and everyone who has had him has fun with it...as it should be.
__________________
We don't see things as THEY are...we see them as WE are.

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
SIPNGAS is offline  
Old 06-07-2009, 05:08 AM   #16
dvlnblkdrs
Shush!
 
dvlnblkdrs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 toyota yaris
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: orange, ca
Posts: 3,521
Send a message via AIM to dvlnblkdrs Send a message via Yahoo to dvlnblkdrs
oi... this is becoming too much. Tony, when i had him, u established a 2 week max, which Garm has kept good on. leave it at that.
__________________
"Kids sure like the devil these days"




dvlnblkdrs is offline  
Old 06-07-2009, 05:40 AM   #17
TheRealEnth
Beast
 
TheRealEnth's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Blz Blu LB
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,365
Send a message via AIM to TheRealEnth
lmao im going to see nemesisz on sunday.. we are autoxing... ill ask him whats up
__________________

One you've taken a yaris for a spin, there's no turning back.
Its a Chao!!!
TheRealEnth is offline  
Old 06-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #18
cali yaris
ULTIMATE
 
cali yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
"the people have spoken" must be by PM -- no one including me has asked in a post for Mad Dog not to do this any more. Besides, he's the only one (unless we have a Mod do it) who can update the first post.

The Bambo Adventure will go on!
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Official "Bambo the Yarisworld Traveler" Thread (V3) Darb Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 561 12-03-2009 01:04 AM
Aftermarket rim thread vs official wheel guide regal Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 1 04-01-2009 12:11 PM
The Official "Bambo the Yarisworld Traveler" thread (V1) nemesisz Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 3 11-08-2008 10:24 PM
Bambo Yarisworld Traveler nemesisz Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 12 10-19-2008 01:44 AM
Official Yarisworld Stickers thread ~ jaspie Photo-Video-Media Gallery 37 05-15-2007 04:49 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:18 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.