Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2008, 08:47 AM   #1
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER
 
ROCKLAND TOYOTA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ROCKLAND COUNTY NY
Posts: 2,088
1st:about 32mph
2nd about 63 mph
3rd about 81 mph
4th around 102 mph
5th cuts off at just 117/118..........

im not stock and have I/H/E, crank pulley.........
__________________
http://rocklandtoyota.com/IFrame.aspx?iFrameID=2388

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
ddongbap
Banned
 
Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: hay
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKLAND TOYOTA View Post
1st:about 32mph
2nd about 63 mph
3rd about 81 mph
4th around 102 mph
5th cuts off at just 117/118..........

im not stock and have I/H/E, crank pulley.........
Mods don't effect the outcome of your top speed in any gear.

And I don't get why PK's numbers differ from these? I get these numbers too, in my Yaris.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:28 PM   #3
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER
 
ROCKLAND TOYOTA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ROCKLAND COUNTY NY
Posts: 2,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddongbap View Post
Mods don't effect the outcome of your top speed in any gear.

And I don't get why PK's numbers differ from these? I get these numbers too, in my Yaris.
threw that in there cause my numbers were different from pk's......
__________________
http://rocklandtoyota.com/IFrame.aspx?iFrameID=2388

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
ddongbap
Banned
 
Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: hay
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKLAND TOYOTA View Post
threw that in there cause my numbers were different from pk's......
Oh no, don't trip dude. My numbers are the same as yours, not PK's, thats why I'm asking.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:27 PM   #5
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER
 
ROCKLAND TOYOTA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ROCKLAND COUNTY NY
Posts: 2,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddongbap View Post
Oh no, don't trip dude. My numbers are the same as yours, not PK's, thats why I'm asking.
its all good, i was sure someone wouldn't agree with me.........
__________________
http://rocklandtoyota.com/IFrame.aspx?iFrameID=2388

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:43 PM   #6
09TRD
 
Drives: 09 Yaris hatch, 09 Z51 'Vette
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: RI
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKLAND TOYOTA View Post
1st:about 32mph
2nd about 63 mph
3rd about 81 mph
4th around 102 mph
5th cuts off at just 117/118..........

im not stock and have I/H/E, crank pulley.........
Thanks

I drove mine ('09 base TRD hatch with Option Combo D and TRD springs, shocks and rear anti-roll bar) for the first time yesterday. I am taking delivery 1 week from tomorrow.

My original plan was to drive the Yaris as a winter car (I live in New England) in order to "save" my 2009 Corvette coupe. The Corvette has done nothing but cause problems and break since I got it and I am now trying to sell it.

I'll probably drive the Yaris full time for awhile.

What a nice driving little car. I was expecting something more rudimentary and was quite surprised by the car's smoothness, responsiveness and ride/handling (thanks in large part to the TRD package on that last one). The car was also pretty quiet for such a small, inexpensive car. The overall structure felt "tighter" than my Corvette's. The Yaris's seats are more comfortable than my Corvette's and are also more comfortable than the seats in the Mazda Speed 3 I drove for awhile.

Sometimes less is more.

I've had a lot of cars and I'm speaking from first hand experience (and also as a mechanical engineer).
09TRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:14 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.