Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 01:42 AM   #1
rg570lvr
 
Drives: '08 Yaris MM 3d Lb, auto
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: La. U.S.A.
Posts: 204
didn't replace mine yet, but I just ordered 2 pairs of Polk db651 6.5" for front and back from Crutchfield. Was told they wouldn't fit, we'll see.
__________________
Hackers suck!
rg570lvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:05 AM   #2
bdc87
HISTORY REPEATED 11/04/08
 
bdc87's Avatar
 
Drives: 07' MM Vitz LB
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lake County, CA
Posts: 355
Send a message via AIM to bdc87
Quote:
Originally Posted by rg570lvr View Post
didn't replace mine yet, but I just ordered 2 pairs of Polk db651 6.5" for front and back from Crutchfield. Was told they wouldn't fit, we'll see.
Those are what I have, they fit and you just use the brackets that come with them. Very nice speakers. I have them running off an Alpine amp.

Why would you want 5's in the Rear? You could fit a 8 sub in there if you tried.
__________________
bdc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:10 PM   #3
TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Banned
 
TEHxFALLEN V1.2's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Lexus IS-F
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calabasas, CA
Posts: 1,890
Send a message via AIM to TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc87 View Post
Those are what I have, they fit and you just use the brackets that come with them. Very nice speakers. I have them running off an Alpine amp.

Why would you want 5's in the Rear? You could fit a 8 sub in there if you tried.
Oh, they come with their own brackets?? Sweet!

I just want speakers that plug and play, can't be bothered fabricating things and stuff.
__________________
DON'T LIKE ME? TAKE A SEAT WITH THE REST OF THE BITCHES WHO ARE WAITING FOR ME TO GIVE A FUCK.

Sponsored by: Micro Image
http://microimageonline.com
TEHxFALLEN V1.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:03 PM   #4
rg570lvr
 
Drives: '08 Yaris MM 3d Lb, auto
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: La. U.S.A.
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc87 View Post
Those are what I have, they fit and you just use the brackets that come with them. Very nice speakers. I have them running off an Alpine amp.

Why would you want 5's in the Rear? You could fit a 8 sub in there if you tried.
Thanks bro, I feel a lot better now. Was prepared to cut out whatever type of brackets needed. I had the 5" by 7" models in my truck I used to have and they sounded so good. What size amp are you using?
__________________
Hackers suck!
rg570lvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using stock speaker as adapter pricerc In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 4 03-28-2007 07:45 PM
For those wanting speaker brackets.... jdubau55 In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 7 03-03-2007 05:50 PM
speaker holder speaker box KSIbucky In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 10 11-18-2006 01:34 AM
Speaker Spacers - Pi**in me off!!! hasher22 Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior) 4 08-12-2006 11:28 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.