Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 09:44 AM   #1
Russelt3hPirate
l33t3st Asshole
 
Russelt3hPirate's Avatar
 
Drives: MY07 Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Epcot
Posts: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksandiegovitz View Post
No .
They are made for track use . Nitto rear upper strut tower bar , megan c-pillar bar , Miracle cross brace rear X-brace(that really stiffend the car up) also the Takata harness are used by all the jgtc teams in japan , so they are the "real deal" . I'm setting up my car for a nice , fun daily driver / weekend auto-x'er / show car .
I've got a set of takata's myself for the STi.

the reason I ask is it appears the harnesses would do more damage then good in their current state.

Have you looked into safely securing it to so they don't compress your spine?

looks like you've already lost your back seat, a rear cage wouldn't be a terrible idea. :)

I'd just hate to see you get in a minor collision and damage your spine.

Harnesses are only safer when they are properly installed (as I'm sure you know).
__________________
Russelt3hPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:01 AM   #2
Tamago
 
Tamago's Avatar
 
Drives: UZJ100
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Off Grid
Posts: 4,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russelt3hPirate View Post
I've got a set of takata's myself for the STi.

the reason I ask is it appears the harnesses would do more damage then good in their current state.

Have you looked into safely securing it to so they don't compress your spine?

looks like you've already lost your back seat, a rear cage wouldn't be a terrible idea. :)

I'd just hate to see you get in a minor collision and damage your spine.

Harnesses are only safer when they are properly installed (as I'm sure you know).
:deadhorse:
__________________
Been a long time messing with cars..
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college
 
blacksandiegovitz's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Vitz
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Just chillin' out brah !
Posts: 1,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russelt3hPirate View Post
I've got a set of takata's myself for the STi.

the reason I ask is it appears the harnesses would do more damage then good in their current state.

Have you looked into safely securing it to so they don't compress your spine?

looks like you've already lost your back seat, a rear cage wouldn't be a terrible idea. :)

I'd just hate to see you get in a minor collision and damage your spine.

Harnesses are only safer when they are properly installed (as I'm sure you know).
Yeah bro already discussed in this tread... Nobody makes a harness bar for the yaris (Yet) I know of the risks involved with the way the harness's are installed right now and I'm cool with it thanks
blacksandiegovitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PICS. Cusco Coilovers Installed! PETERPOOP Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 14 10-27-2008 12:40 PM
Pics of Recaro SRD's installed... reznunt Photo-Video-Media Gallery 11 09-10-2007 01:42 PM
Yaris magnetic bra installed ( pics ) CameraCrew Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior) 0 08-01-2007 04:12 PM
PICS OF TRD INTAKE INSTALLED! elsteverino889 Performance Modifications 9 03-03-2007 04:12 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.