Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafiro
I don't know about 6-9 clicks? I never pass 5 clicks before this adjustment. And even then they would not hold correctly parked on a hill.
The DIY said it should rotate once, and this is without the wheel on that it rotated once or more with me spinning it. With the wheels in, it spined around a few times.
So I cant say its really over adjusted that much?????
But thanks either way.
|
You said 1 click at the e-brake? Not enough. And you can't always go by hill holding ability. Not accurate with glazed drums/shoes, worn drums and shoes that aren't making full contact, etc...
5-6 clicks at my e-brake, 6-9 clicks is only the Toyota factory spec.
btw Our rear shoes, as in all modern rear shoes are self adjusting, unless the adjuster is rusted up, or gunked up with a grease and brake dust mixture. It's designed to work with a little bit of travel, not brakes being slightly applied all the time, and that's pretty much what you'll have with the 1 click approach.