Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > California
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #1
cali yaris
ULTIMATE
 
cali yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Kaotic, I carry carbotech pads, the 1521 would rock on your car and they are $129.

I haven't seen an R1 Concept rotor fail yet (I've track tested them myself), and I'm betting they are less expensive as well.


Nice upgrades to your car, arctic!!!
(now run some brake ducts )
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:35 AM   #2
Kaotic Lazagna
 
Kaotic Lazagna's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central Valley, CA
Posts: 9,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Kaotic, I carry carbotech pads, the 1521 would rock on your car and they are $129.
I'll let you know when I need a new pair. How hard is it to replace the pads myself?
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:02 PM   #3
rningonfumes
 
rningonfumes's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan 5MT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
I'll let you know when I need a new pair. How hard is it to replace the pads myself?

Maintenance on disc brakes is very easy compared to the drums. I think there is a DIY floating around too.
__________________
rningonfumes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
Kaotic Lazagna
 
Kaotic Lazagna's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central Valley, CA
Posts: 9,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by rningonfumes View Post
Maintenance on disc brakes is very easy compared to the drums. I think there is a DIY floating around too.
Cool. I'll do a search. Yeah, I was watching someone do some maintenance on our Camry's drums...kinda scary how one of those springs can pop out and kill ya.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:11 PM   #5
arcticvitz
 
arcticvitz's Avatar
 
Drives: Base 09 White Yaris 3DR 5MT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 107
Send a message via AIM to arcticvitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Kaotic, I carry carbotech pads, the 1521 would rock on your car and they are $129.

I haven't seen an R1 Concept rotor fail yet (I've track tested them myself), and I'm betting they are less expensive as well.


Nice upgrades to your car, arctic!!!
(now run some brake ducts )
Thanks Cali and yes that's the next step! I agree with you that the R1 Concepts are a nice rotor indeed. Now I'm off to the other thread I created since someone felt it necessary to make the claim that drilled rotors were just cheap pieces of crap that disintegrate.
__________________
Proud to purchase parts through
arcticvitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
))) Tein Super Compact coilover install tips ((( aucorium DIY / Maintenance / Service 4 10-25-2011 12:42 AM
]]] Tein Suspension servicing [[[ - help please !! aucorium Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 13 06-12-2009 01:25 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.