Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 08:24 AM   #1
1stToyota
 
1stToyota's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
Go to this link and see the numbers. On their home page, they have a link thats says, "Find Vehicle Horsepower Gain." If you click on it and go through all of the steps you will come to this page.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/hp_search.aspx

Now can you tell me how much the drop-in filter will increase your HP??

By the way, what was the weather like when you tested the HP increase of the K&N drop-in in Your Yaris?
Wrong, you're the one with the K&N filter in the Yaris, that needs to be cleaned every month due to your extremely dusty conditions; you must be impressed with their decals

And why did you need to throw away my K&N link...it was the direct link for the Yaris P/N, with the "buy now" option?

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=33-2360

From that link:

"K&N’s replacement air filters are designed to increase horsepower and acceleration"

It's not my fault that K&N is too chicken-$h!t and cowardly to backup their so called increase horsepower and acceleration claims with an actual number.
__________________


1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD

Last edited by 1stToyota; 07-13-2009 at 08:50 AM.
1stToyota is offline  
Old 07-13-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
b_hickman11
 
Drives: 08 Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tyler, TX
Posts: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stToyota View Post
Wrong, you're the one with the K&N filter in the Yaris, that needs to be cleaned every month due to your extremely dusty conditions; you must be impressed with their decals

And why did you need to throw away my K&N link...it was the direct link for the Yaris P/N, with the "buy now" option?

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=33-2360

From that link:

"K&N’s replacement air filters are designed to increase horsepower and acceleration"

It's not my fault that K&N is too chicken-$h!t and cowardly to backup their so called increase horsepower and acceleration claims with an actual number.
If I had the OEM filter it would need to be changed every month but with my K&N I have to service it about 3-4 times a year. And you still didn't answer my question....what was the weather like when you had the K&N filter tested in your car?
b_hickman11 is offline  
Old 07-13-2009, 04:54 PM   #3
1stToyota
 
1stToyota's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
If I had the OEM filter it would need to be changed every month but with my K&N I have to service it about 3-4 times a year. And you still didn't answer my question....what was the weather like when you had the K&N filter tested in your car?
Why ask about my K&N filter? Never said I installed one in my Yaris.
__________________


1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
1stToyota is offline  
Old 07-13-2009, 11:44 PM   #4
b_hickman11
 
Drives: 08 Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tyler, TX
Posts: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stToyota View Post
Why ask about my K&N filter? Never said I installed one in my Yaris.
Exactly!!! Then why are you so sure about your claims, if you haven't even tested it out for yourself. It might increase HP by .0000000000001%
b_hickman11 is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 08:04 AM   #5
1stToyota
 
1stToyota's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
Exactly!!! Then why are you so sure about your claims, if you haven't even tested it out for yourself. It might increase HP by .0000000000001%
Please tell me how a stock Yaris with a drop-in will compare to modded Mustang GTs and a modded '05 GTO. Never said I had one in my Yaris, you said I had one in my Yaris. I'll never buy another K&N filter, I've outgrown them and their decals and their so-called increased performance claims...and it'd be real nice if K&N had the stones to at least say .0000000000001% to their so-called "increase in performance and acceleration" claim that's listed with the Yaris P/N on the K&N *buy now* link.
__________________


1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD

Last edited by 1stToyota; 07-14-2009 at 08:50 AM.
1stToyota is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 02:29 PM   #6
b_hickman11
 
Drives: 08 Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tyler, TX
Posts: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stToyota View Post
Please tell me how a stock Yaris with a drop-in will compare to modded Mustang GTs and a modded '05 GTO. Never said I had one in my Yaris, you said I had one in my Yaris. I'll never buy another K&N filter, I've outgrown them and their decals and their so-called increased performance claims...and it'd be real nice if K&N had the stones to at least say .0000000000001% to their so-called "increase in performance and acceleration" claim that's listed with the Yaris P/N on the K&N *buy now* link.
Thats exactly what I have been trying to get you to realize!! K&N doesn't make an exact HP claim for the Yaris(drop-in) like they do their Cone filters and intakes system. I know you never said you had one in your Yaris. I was just setting you up to say, "I don't even have one," even though you are making all of these claims about them in our Yaris's. You are making your claim on other vehicles and stuff you found on the internet rather than actual results you have seen in your own Yaris. The K&N filter for the Yaris might actual decrease the stock HP. The information that you are looking at on their site is just their general overall statement about their filters. If you keep researching you will find where it states that actual, real world HP increase will differ. Thats why they have the link "K&N Power Gain Search by Vehicle."
Just because the K&N will increase a Mustang by 15 HP doesn't mean it will do the same for a Yaris.
b_hickman11 is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 03:02 PM   #7
1stToyota
 
1stToyota's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stToyota View Post
"Oh, so Toyota is installing K&N filters on every vehicle, or probably way less than 1% of the new vehicles being sold...thought so."


You missed the "or" ...but of course you miss a lot on this thread, right? Thought so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
Thats exactly what I have been trying to get you to realize!!
No, I'm trying to make you realize just how misleading K&N is when they state their "increase in performance and acceleration" claim that's listed with the Yaris P/N on the K&N *buy now* link - IF they were honest they'd put the "K&N Power Gain Search by Vehicle" link right next to the "buy now" option. They won't ever do that, they might lose some sales.


Quote:
I know you never said you had one in your Yaris. I was just setting you up to say, "I don't even have one," even though you are making all of these claims about them in our Yaris's.
I never made any claims about the Yaris, I knew it'd never be power that could be felt on a stock Yaris, I'm just asking about K&N's so-called "claims" about increased performance on their boxes and what they claim on their buy-me-right-now page...and what other people say on these type threads.


Quote:
You are making your claim on other vehicles and stuff you found on the internet rather than actual results you have seen in your own Yaris.
I've had K&N on my other vehicles, and I made a decision about K&N based on my experience...in 26 years at this I've been under a hood or 2. I stick with what I saw. Next time I'll get you a photo so you won't belly ache and get defensive for days, hopefully.

Quote:
The K&N filter for the Yaris might actual decrease the stock HP. The information that you are looking at on their site is just their general overall statement about their filters.
To increase their sales, I trust. The info is a sales pitch for the Yaris owner that went to the trouble to see what P/N fit their car, and just above the buy link is the claim about increased performance. Sad.



Quote:
If you keep researching you will find where it states that actual, real world HP increase will differ. Thats why they have the link "K&N Power Gain Search by Vehicle."

That's something a buyer does AFTER they've already hit the "buy me" now link, perhaps, or never does at all when they have the filter in their hands at the parts store, reading the claims on their box?


Quote:
Just because the K&N will increase a Mustang by 15 HP doesn't mean it will do the same for a Yaris.
Wonder why they say "increase in performance and acceleration" ...on every box?
__________________


1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
1stToyota is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motor Oil and filters Lafiro DIY / Maintenance / Service 94 03-15-2010 03:40 PM
K&N SRI- any experiences? jonismyname Performance Modifications 22 05-29-2009 10:56 PM
TRD High Flow Oil Filters Jansen DIY / Maintenance / Service 20 05-25-2009 04:36 PM
Drop in performance air filters which is best? YarisSedan Performance Modifications 14 11-07-2008 09:52 PM
K&N intakes...bad? SLIK4 Performance Modifications 21 06-19-2007 09:42 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:35 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.